DB11 or FType

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

Spotted a new black DB 11 driving around and around - read showing off - at Silverburn shopping centre yesterday.
I had only seen pictures of it but was excited when I noticed and wanted a closer look.

I really wanted to love this car as I want one myself but TBH it really doesn't look that good and when I got to my parked up F Type I immediatly just thought it looked looked more compact sleeker and a better looking all round and in some ways looked more what an Aston DB should look like instead of the current version...

Also the DB 11 engine signature did growl when revved but the F in my mind still sounds better when opened up.

Any one else seen a DB 11 "Live" and agree/disagree?

150k nah....

Jagman 14

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Funnily enough we just saw one cross in front of us 5 minutes ago and had the same thoughts. Yes the DB11 is a gorgeous car, but is it 3 times more beautiful than an F type, probably not. It will always be more exclusive and if I was spending that kind of money it'd definately be on the list, as I can't think of anything else that's as elegant or classy.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

DB11 ... Absolutely stunning in the metal, saw my first one last GfoS ... is it 3 times as nice as my F-type, Nope!

I'm sure several owners here had either the DB9 or AMV8 on the shopping list, but we are all here for similar reasons, I'm guessing that style, sound, vfm all played a part in the decision making process.

Would I like one, of course, can I justify one, no, not right now and thanx to Jaguar, I'm not sure I'll ever go for one ....
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
captainham

Post by captainham »

The styling around the front arches on the DB11 puts me off, don't like it, it looks 'off'.

I used to hanker after a Vantage and saw the F-Type as a poor relation (although one I had a better chance of one day owning!), but when I rented an F-Type (before eventually buying my own), I happened to park up somewhere next to a V8 Vantage, and when I looked back, I realised I loved the F-Type even more than the Vantage!

Up to that point, I was considering a used, several-year-old Vantage, but from then I knew it could only be an F!
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Not for me - it looks wrong for an Aston. The interior is awful too. Looks awkward.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Agreed, astons were always my plan until the f came along, but she makes even newer ones look a bit middle aged. Along similar lines i always fancied a lamborghini till i drove one, to my immense suprise i much prefer the f. Which is very handy for my wallet! Jess
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

For the money I would rather have a Huracan; I'm not that convinced by the new Aston designs - but it's hard to improve on what is already a beautiful shape. Does make the F-type look a bit of a bargain.

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

The vanquish s is still the one for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
NorthernGooner

Post by NorthernGooner »

Always wanted an Aston, grew up in the 007 Thunderball days - you get the gist. So 40 years later I went and sat in a DB9 and Vantage and F-Type. No comparrison, the Astons are dark, gloomy and cramped which is not surprising considering when they were designed. Salesman tried to get me to advance order a DB11 "£35K down then 'only' £1600 a month for 4 years with a final payment" (or something like that). Err no thanks. Even with the issues I've had (new R-Dymanic V6 AWD BRG arives this Wednesday) the F-Type still does it for me. Now if I win the lottery................................
2018 BRG AWD R-Dynamic :D
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Always wanted a n Aston, but at the price point you have to step back to a 10 year old car to get anything, making the F Type a clear value for money choice

New DB11 is simply gorgeous and just spot on. Price though takes it to a different set of cars and could have an SVR and a Roadster for the same money..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post