Gov banning petrol & Diesel cars

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

So on the news today the government have announced that by 2040 they will be banning new petrol & diesel cars :roll:

really ... but not all the polluting taxi's and heavy good vehicles

sometimes I do wonder with the current bunch of politicians

Nick

Post by Nick »

Great idea BUT! Better sort battery life out, polluting in themselves, Range? Better build millions of charging points all over the country, where are they going to get the electricity to charge all those millions of electric cars? O nuclear power safe and not pollution YEA..
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

NickB787 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:04 pm Great idea BUT! Better sort battery life out, polluting in themselves, Range? Better build millions of charging points all over the country, where are they going to get the electricity to charge all those millions of electric cars? O nuclear power safe and not pollution YEA..
Yep. There's a huge amount of money to be invested and work to be done before they can ban internal combustion engines from the country as a whole.
I think the biggest challenge is going to be generating the electricity required plus the fluctuation in demand on the grid.

Got to start somewhere, I guess. Very ambitious target.....I wonder how much it's going to cost us all?......hmm..
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Self sufficient, small-engined, petrol hybrids would be a more practical solution for a first step towards 100% electric. That would gradually wind down petrol, phase out diesel and not be a burden on the national grid. Plus, no need to charge for x hours every x miles. It would also allow time for the development of more efficient batteries.

Says he with a 5.0L V8 :)
Ricky's jag

Post by Ricky's jag »

I really don't understand how they can get all the extra electricity considering they where already making a big fuss about struggling to feed the current demand! So adding all the millions of cars will be a huge massive demand on extra electricity and where's it all going to come from??? More nuclear stations?? Great very safe!! And environmentaly save!!!!!!! And as for the infrastructure!! A huge asking and not to mention the huge waste of current infrastructure!! Maybe I'm just too much of a petrol head to accept but my heart will be broken somewhat when the internal combustion engine does get resisigned to the history books!!! I already mourn the dying natutually aspirated V8
Deleted User 1254

Post by Deleted User 1254 »

Can you imagine all the cables trailing across the pavemant for all those owners who need to park on the streets!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post