how much can you fit in a f types boot

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

dezzy wrote: ↑Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:44 pm Yeah... Terrible that fitting a golf bag wasn't a priority in the design meetings for a sports car. πŸ˜‚

That's the punishment for playing golf 😜
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

...Lol...
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Its a knack :) weve done a two week roadtrip to cannes, camping for f1 weekend and its my daily driver so suffers the regular tesco run etc. As long as things arent square its okay...
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

We're doing the NC500 soon over 5 days so that'll be the first time we've had to squeeze a lot in the boot. When we used to own a Lotus the secret was always compressible bags. I've been known to walk into a 4 or 5 star hotel with an Asda carrier bag in my hand πŸ˜‚ They were great for squeezing into the corners of the Lotus boot. Hoping I don't need to go that far with the F-type!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

I made some measurements of the coupe boot to help me choose suitable bags. It really is the oddest shape but as mentioned above, you can get a couple of 12” wide bags in comfortably and then use soft bags to fill up the funny corners and angles. Attached is my plan and elevation sketch - please note that it is seriously simplified, I’d need a laser scanner to do the space justice. Any dimensions should be treated with extreme caution.
F-type boot space.pdf
Coupe
(34.3 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
MANTOT3

Post by MANTOT3 »

Santa's new Sleigh

20181214_102041.jpg

All this fits, Just!

20181214_104402.jpg

I'm not sure the power tailgate has an anti-trap facility? .
Wouldn't want to test it on my fingers, Certainly squashed that box without hesitation!
2016 SVR
Carbon Ceramic Brakes.
Homemade Barless front Grill.
And all the options on my wish list :twisted:
Previous: 2015 AWD R
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Bit early for xmas...??!

The boot in litres on the Coope without spare wheel is quite big to be fair. It's just a flat space.

It fits my full golf clubs, bag and trolley and work ruck sack and shoes without issue. Just have to take the 3 and driver out of the bag first.

If you don't pack it quite right the parcel shelf sticks up 2 inches but I didn't chose the powered tailgate so no risk of it forcably closing and causing damage. (The last half inch is powered though).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Millwheel.
It looks to me you left the whole fender areas out ? I bought 4 soft bags and had them costumised. I put a smaller bag in each fender first and
then put the longer baggs in the centre part. Slide them forward and you can put baggs with shoes and such near the lock area..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Tel

Post by Tel »

By the time the missus has all her shoes packed, there's enough room for me to squeeze in a pair of socks and a handkerchief πŸ˜‰
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more πŸ’©
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Lol I know what you mean, when we go on holiday we use two aircraft cabin size trolley bags, placed side by side vertically and then soft bags around them and still room for coats on top.

Btw you can also get a fishing rod hold-all in by removing the rear parcel shelf and sliding it in down to the the passenger footwell, did this many times last year...
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post