The future of Jaguar is... electric - Jag Tech Fest

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

I'm in two minds how I feel about this.

A new electric e-type; https://www.instagram.com/p/BYvt9olD1-D ... y=jaguaruk
And a view concept; https://www.instagram.com/p/BYvzRzlDlPs ... y=jaguaruk

Good to know the marque is preparing for the future but I've just seen the CEO commit to all cars being hybrid or electric by 2020. This means the next F Type will be hybrid or electric as well.
If its hybrid like the Mclaren P1 is electric, thats fine by me, I guess haha

Thoughts?

And, who is going to this event this weekend? http://www.jaguarlandrover.com/2017/jag ... -fest-2017
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

Also another thought might be the re sale value of existing F Type models.

Does this mean that the value of existing petrol models will appreciate over the coming years?
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Although it pains me to say it - I think its doubtful.

More electric cars mean probably an end of life date for petrol cars like we see Europe talking about.

Maybe petrol will get cheaper initially as electric incentives force more people to buy electric, but then with that demand comes less supply of petrol cars, then less supply of petrol..
Won't happen overnight, of course.

Still so many things to work out.. How do you charge your car if you park it on the street in a suburb? What does it mean for 2nd hand car market if batteries are expensive to replace and have a life based on a number of charges or whatever? How do you get from Lands End to Scotland? ;)

Interesting times, but I kinda don't wanna give up on my noisy car!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

I think what Jagman was referring to is the possible re-fashioning of older classics and turning them into electric vehicles purely because of their classic beauty and sculptural uniqueness.

I can imagine that that could be quite likely if all fossil fuel is completely banned in the future.

Question then perhaps would be, if doing the conversion lowers or increases their value??
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
car

Post by car »

my concern is by 2020 will we only be able to buy a brand new electric jaguar I hope not
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

So everyone appears to spreading the word the fossil fuels are the devils juice and we must transport ourselves super efficient electric power .....

Hmmmm .....

Where the plans to remove all the fuel stations and replace with electric recharging centres

And who pays for all this infrastructure transformation?

And what about all the harmful emissions from the plants building the batteries?

Who foots the bill when the batteries die, or do we simply recycle cars in the future as not economical to keep them going?

And who will explain to my boss that my work productivity will nose dive because I now have to spend 4 hrs a day recharging the cars power supply ....

For sure none of us can see the future ... (Apart from those who now only leccy cars are needed), but I see, hear, read nothing of the recharging speed dropping to an acceptable level ( with acceptable equating time taken to top up with fossil fuels!)

And I'm sure someone must have worked out by now the increased need for grid power ... Some used to say the national grid took a hammering during key commercial tv breaks, so isn't all the saved car emission simply generating on infinitely
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

I agree. Electric (battery) cars are still very much a niche. It has to be that way for entirely practical reasons.
If everyone turned over to these cars in the space of a couple of years, the country would grind to a halt much sooner than that. The infrastructure couldn't cope let alone any personal frustrations of charging times etc...
It's interesting to see that Toyota are rolling out a hydrogen fuel cell car. It's pricy but.......looking to the future....
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post