Road salt

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

M@r]{ wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:13 pm I’m going to be driving mine! Life is too short to miss those opportunities, who knows what is around the corner :)
This is my attitude too. Buy it, drive it, live and enjoy It’s no E type that will be cherished for a hundred years, but a very cool modern sports car.
I also buy used, allow someone else to take the hit, customise to what I want and enjoy cheap motoring by keeping it a good few years.
Doesn’t mean mine isn’t loved and cared for - she really is :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I agree, but it's me that can't cope with the winter weather, so she's laid up for the winter and my Pagoda gets the winter running in Spain 😎
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Arne

Post by Arne »

Mine is also laid up for the Winter, mailny due to road salt.

And I have even applied the underbody with anti-corrotion coating "just in case":

IMAG1387.jpg

IMAG1386.jpg

IMAG1384.jpg

F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

M@r]{ wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:13 pm I’m going to be driving mine! Life is too short to miss those opportunities, who knows what is around the corner :)
I am with you, unless there is snow on the ground my car is getting used.
White MK3 Focus RS.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Just received an newsletter from Central Beds Council.

Last month we asked for suggestions to name our Luton-Dunstable Busway gritter and had more than 850 responses.

I could make a suggestion of they need to make further cost cutting, like whoever dreamt up this stupid idea.

They wouldn't like what I call their gritter anyway.
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

I tend to take the F-Type out more in the cold weather, my Mini runaround doesn't have heated wheel, screen and seats. However, if it snows, I'll just nick 'Er indoors' F Pace.
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
davidd

Post by davidd »

Mine will get driven all year, I've always done it with whatever car. Even running TVR's Cerberas through the winter (not ideal in snow!).
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Same here.
I ran my Exiges all year round too.
IRR V8R
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Yep. I ran an Elise and Exige all year with no problems. Just couldn't imagine spending money on a car to only use for 6 months but each to their own!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post