be careful more car thefts

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

car wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:27 pm my house does have a garage but it is being rebuilt after it was almost done 6 months ago and a storm came along and destroyed the thing so cars are in the driveway have bought a pouch from amazon going to get a tracker fitted tomorrow installed cctv in every part of my property and the extreme to some people getting gates fitted so no one gets in without my permission also upgrading all the widows doors and locks and yes phil b it was expensive about £800 I think
Sadly, locks only keep out the honest.

bigknd

Post by bigknd »

car wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:15 pm does anybody have any suggestions to keep my car and keys safe and any ideas how to deter thiefs
Yep, keep mine here, if they want them they can have them :D

Bit of a pain though when you want to go out in the car as I have to catch the dog first :o

2017-10-17 07.55.15.jpg

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Now that's a good idea.

Do his eyes flash twice when you unlock the car?
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Lunar wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:54 am Do his eyes flash twice when you unlock the car?
What about pressing the remote boot release button?
Does the tail lift ?
If it has only a single exhaust then it must be a 2 litre?
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Ok Phil - I surrender - you win! :lol:
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
M@r]{

Post by M@r]{ »

Lunar wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:10 pm For an easy solution you could always just keep your keys somewhere the thieves won't look - try the bottom of the oven or freezer.
Thing is, if they break in to find the keys , wouldn't you prefer them finding them rather than coming around the rest of the house to find them / ask you for them? I know most opportunists would give up if they don't find them by the front door, but the value of these cars can attract more than just opportunists :(

I'm not convinced about trackers either, someone steals my car I'm not sure I want it back, for a number of reasons. One of which is the hit on the value as it will be registered as Stolen Recovered. That's where I think insurance falls short. In my opinion it is there to ensure you are put back in the same position as you were before the incident. But your car gets stolen, sure they'll fix any damage, but what about compensating you for the reduced value? Same if you have a non fault accident, they'll fix your car but what about the increased premiums? Why are they covered?

By the way, to any would be thieves reading this? I do have a tracker as I had to for insurance purposes, my keys are kept in a locked safe at night, the car's are disabled by other means and if you break in you'll have to make friends with the two unfriendly to strangers dogs.
=========================
MY2019 Mclaren 720s Performance
MY2006 Lotus Exige "GT3"
MY2008 Westfield Megablade Track Car
MY2012 VW Camper (the family getaway / track car tow vehicle)
MY2013 Range Rover Evoque (the missus car)
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Aitch wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:54 pm
Having receivd an email about this from the local constabulary, with a recommendation to put keys into an RFID pouch, I just ordered one of these from Amazon. There's loads of different types/sizes/prices but this had a good % of positive feedback.

Don't have an old biscuit tin to try. Put my mobile in the microwave and called it. That didn't work so desperate times calls for a £10 pouch.

O/H's Fiesta is keyless too.
Back to the drawing board, or Amazon, pouch arrived, popped the Fiesta key into it, went outside and tried unlocking the car.

A paper bag would have been equally effective/ineffective.
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

I have an Amazon non tracking pouch and put the fob in it and car couldn’t see it. In mine there were two sections to the wallet and the fob needed to be in the shielded section - no idea why there is also an unshielded section.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
car

Post by car »

will the steering wheel lock I have bought act as a deterrent to would be Thiefs and if any Thiefs are reading this if you try to steal my car or break into my house or do any damage to my property I will set my 2 Rottweilers on you
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I'm bored with this now (not the genuine posts about protection pouches) - playtime over I think.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post