be careful more car thefts

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Anti tracking pouche from Amazon, less than £10
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels

steveh

Post by steveh »

Apparently the device they use dosn’t Work though metal, so keep your keys in a safe if you have one.
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

car wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:15 pm does anybody have any suggestions to keep my car and keys safe and any ideas how to deter thiefs
Having receivd an email about this from the local constabulary, with a recommendation to put keys into an RFID pouch, I just ordered one of these from Amazon. There's loads of different types/sizes/prices but this had a good % of positive feedback.

Don't have an old biscuit tin to try. Put my mobile in the microwave and called it. That didn't work so desperate times calls for a £10 pouch.

O/H's Fiesta is keyless too.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

On the other hand. If the thieves can't access the key's signal with their gizmo, will they just smash the door in and turn the house over to find the key?

Sleep well everyone :D
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi,
Apparently putting your keys inside a metal box in your house will prevent them scanning them. Can be as easy as a biscuit tin or metal filing cabinet instead of the hook in the hallway. I guess you can check it by putting the keys in the tin, going to the car and trying to open the car.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

car wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:11 pm i added it as an extra
Oh I see.
Was it expensive ?
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

scharlton wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:02 am Hi,
Apparently putting your keys inside a metal box in your house will prevent them scanning them. Can be as easy as a biscuit tin or metal filing cabinet instead of the hook in the hallway. I guess you can check it by putting the keys in the tin, going to the car and trying to open the car.
Yes as they have to be within 3 feet of the car I think?
Ok to test with a biscuit tin but dragging a filing cabinet down the drive to the car might get the neighbours a bit worried.
:lol:
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

car wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:15 pm does anybody have any suggestions to keep my car and keys safe and any ideas how to deter thiefs
Buy a house with a nice secure double garage, or have one built. I would never sleep on a night leaving either of our cars on the drive or street.
White MK3 Focus RS.
car

Post by car »

my house does have a garage but it is being rebuilt after it was almost done 6 months ago and a storm came along and destroyed the thing so cars are in the driveway have bought a pouch from amazon going to get a tracker fitted tomorrow installed cctv in every part of my property and the extreme to some people getting gates fitted so no one gets in without my permission also upgrading all the widows doors and locks and yes phil b it was expensive about £800 I think
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

For an easy solution you could always just keep your keys somewhere the thieves won't look - try the bottom of the oven or freezer.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post