XJ engine line up

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

strange days we are in for car manufactures .. my case in point

I have always been a fan of the new XJ especially the big petrol version .. now when I was on the car config today noticed they only are offering the V6 diesel all the petrol versions have been removed ... just at the point when diesel sales have plummeted ?

and in other models they have removed the powerfull v6 from the XE and XF .. strange

or could just be to do with the Brindgend end contract coming to a close ? I was also thinking of another XE with the 380bhp V6 engine, but not now for me .. the wife can have the p300 awd version

just a thought

0800Dinosaur

Post by 0800Dinosaur »

I thought there was a post about this recently, now I can't find it :S

The predominance of diesels in JLR's range seems odd considering the whole VW thing.

Does seem likely that the removal of the v6 petrols is preempting the end of the contract in 2020.

There was a Jag press release where they said that v6 petrols in the XJ/XF/XE (I think) account for only 0.5% of sales.

Although we do have an inline 6 based off the ingenium coming, which is kinda cool from a heritage point of view. They've also said that all of their platforms are ready to accept it.

I certainly wouldn't have been put off if the F-type had a SC inline 6, the front end certainly seems long enough lol.
Ian J

Post by Ian J »

0800Dinosaur wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:31 pm
There was a Jag press release where they said that v6 petrols in the XJ/XF/XE (I think) account for only 0.5% of sales.
If you look at Autotrader there are 223 XJ Jags for sale manufactured since 2014 of which 193 are diesel and only 30 are petrol which is about 13%
0800Dinosaur

Post by 0800Dinosaur »

Ian J wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:45 am
0800Dinosaur wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:31 pm
If you look at Autotrader there are 223 XJ Jags for sale manufactured since 2014 of which 193 are diesel and only 30 are petrol which is about 13%
I guess you'd then have to remove f-types, f-paces, e-paces, XKs etc and all of the XJ/XF/XE I4s. But then you've also got the confounding variable that this is showing resales.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post