eBay f type vs

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Alasdair1963

Post by Alasdair1963 »

Spotted on eBay 2014 v6s with 62k miles for 25k , but with knocking engine, wonder how much that would cost to fix ? The
car has also got quilted seats didn’t think that was an option.
V6s white black pack velocity lowering springs 200 cell cats crank pulley and tune velocity exhaust.

Gom Jabbar

Post by Gom Jabbar »

Sounds nasty. Engine rebuild is several £k, new engine £15k, used engine from scrapyard £8K

Definitely one for an expert who can DIY!
2018 F-Type SVR in Caldera Red with a huge amount of toys yet to be explored!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Could be anything couldnt it.....! £15k for a new engine or just loose bolts on torque convertor or timing chain slipping..... Ask them for a video and with engine rev'ing. There are quite a few on YouTube with resolutions so you could compare. If it blows up in the video they send you then run away LOL
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

You can be certain it’s serious and not easily repairable. The sort of person who buys it and looks to move it on as salvage knows exactly what’s wrong and has priced sale accordingly

Wouldn’t go near it unless I happened to be in the trade and have an engine readily available...

Fishing in the bottom to barrel for cars always costs more in the long run. Exception might be a well documented CatD (or new replacement code) that you plan to keep forever
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Alasdair1963

Post by Alasdair1963 »

My mate called the seller apparently loss of oil due to cracked sump new engine required. He’s going to wait for something else.
V6s white black pack velocity lowering springs 200 cell cats crank pulley and tune velocity exhaust.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Alasdair1963 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:33 pm My mate called the seller apparently loss of oil due to cracked sump new engine required. He’s going to wait for something else.
There we are then £26k + £8k for an engine done DIY still comes to more than a half decent running example
Add labour and doesn't work
Expect to see it reappear after a back street rebuid with oversized bearings, reground crank, etc.

Wouldn't touch it, wheras as a teen running Minis that woudl have been a good weekend job to pick up an A series engine from any old BL transverse and swap it over and make some holiday money:) Happy days
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post