Bus Pass Owners

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

Are there many F type owners with a BUS PASS
MY21 P450 Bluefire Climate Pack Black Pack Pan Roof Fixed rear spoiler

Sollita

Post by Sollita »

Yes, had my first sports car nearly 50 years ago, since 2000 I’ve had an S1 Elise 111s, 911C2S, Boxster S and now the F-Type. I also have an XF as a daily driver.
2014 V6S Italian Racing Red, chrome blacked out, 20” black painted wheels, R body kit.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

AndyN wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:54 pm Are there many F type owners with a BUS PASS
Why do you need a bus pass if you have an F-Type ? Or are you just informing about the age group driving an F-Type ?

I'll make a seperate poll for that. Quite interesting I think. :idea:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
scm

Post by scm »

I'm eligible but don't have one. The government has rather shot itself in the foot with the extortionate car tax for nice cars - if I'm paying well over £400 a year (and nearly £600 for a pre-2017 reg) to tax the car do they really think I'll leave it on my drive and use a smelly bus full of plebs? :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
scm

Post by scm »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:03 pm I'll make a seperate poll for that.
English lesson - "separate". ;)
And I know your English is far better than my Dutch. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Yes, I'm eligible for a bus pass. Unfortunately, out here in the sticks the nearest bus is a two mile walk away and nowhere to park when I get there. I believe '2 Jags' Prescott was supposed to be sorting out an integrated transport policy at one time. God help us if 'one bike' Corbyn gets in! :D
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Old enough but not bothered getting one as I'd never use it 😀
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
chicb

Post by chicb »

I use mine if I'm going in to town. No worries about driving round for ages looking for an over priced space. Then when you get one, the markings width are the same as in the 60's when cars were 2 feet narrower & 4 feet shorter, so you come back to a nice crease in the door that some kind person has left you as they don't care about anyone else but themselves :evil:
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

we only get a bus on Tuesday morning at 10.00 and come back at 3.30, so no I don't have a bus pass.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

You're lucky, a free bus pass doesn't exists in the Netherlands for elderly people. Students from 8 to 26 get one if their school [uni]
is not in the same place as where they live. There are some ways to get cheaper train tickets, mostly through supermarkets.

We live quite far from the airports and do use the train to get there as parking is very expensive. I don't really mind travelling by
public transport. I would use it more if I lived in a city. Maybe I wouldn't even have a car then.

But in general public transport doesn't leave where you are and doesn't go where you want to go and also doesn't do it when
you want or in the time you want to spend travelling...

Example : our eldest daughter studies in Leiden. It takes het two hours to get to the railwaystation 6 miles from here and no
means to get here from there ; we pick her up and drop her off.. By car [outside rush hours] it takes me 70 minutes door-to-door.

Our second daughter studies in Zwolle and needs one hour to get to school. First she has to cycle [2km] to the village centre and
then it takes her one hour. In winter the bus is overcrowded and doesn't stop. She has to wait 30min or one hour for the next one.
Last year it happed several times that one didn't stop either ! It takes 20 minutes door-to-door by car, but parking at her school
is € 6 per hour... Its almost worth it to take her there and pick her up in the evening..

So much for CO2 reduction..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post