Flying Scotsman spotted!

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Tel

Post by Tel »

Went for a bimble to Swanage and Sandbanks today as the weather was perfect.

Bumped into a lovely bit of kit....

IMG_20190324_145148.jpg

Overlooking Sandbanks....

IMG_20190324_145148.jpg

IMG_20190324_153408.jpg

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Nice day for it!

Funnily enough I had a few days off last week for my wife's birthday and we went to Cottage Lodge hotel in Brockenhurst - highly recommended!
Hired some bikes from the place behind the railway station (Cycle Experience - great service, also recommended) and went for a 21 mile bike ride along disused railway lines etc. Came back after about 5 hours - and the odd Guinness along the way! - and the barriers were down with lots of people standing around with their phones at the ready - only saw the Flying Scotsman on its way down to Swanage! Made our day too - a wonderful locomotive.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

Lunar wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 pm... a wonderful locomotive.
And in BRG, too ... :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

So, BRG is a kinda black..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

It looks nice and sounds terrific but it’s basically a reproduction. It was rebuilt and altered several times by LNER and BR in its working lifetime, then by Pegler, Macalpine and who knows since. It has more in common with the new build Tornado than Doncaster works in May 1928. Would you honestly want to travel in anything that old at 70 mph plus? Rather like HMS Victory, where the timber has been almost completely replaced since Trafalgar. I think the only reliably genuine bit is Nelson’s death location. Us Brits are a bit good at kidding ourselves :) . Never mind, it’s a good story. For now, at least, our F-types are authentic!
Tel

Post by Tel »

Millwheel wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:18 pm Would you honestly want to travel in anything that old at 70 mph plus?
Interestingly, I watched a few videos of the train at around the 100mph mark and just couldn't get my head around the sheer weight and mass of metal flying around at an amazing rate i.e drive from the pistons to the wheels.

Thanks for the info...I'm happy not to take the train for the mo ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
Billet OBD lock
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

We have had it up in Yorkshire I think last year we saw it at Pickering while out on bikes. Stunning. Although Sandbanks is equaly stunning. Bought a classic Suzuki GT 550 triple from a rich guy down there a couple of years ago. Lovely place. Yes you guessed he was a property developer.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Tel wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:46 pm
Millwheel wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:18 pm Would you honestly want to travel in anything that old at 70 mph plus?
Interestingly, I watched a few videos of the train at around the 100mph mark and just couldn't get my head around the sheer weight and mass of metal flying around at an amazing rate i.e drive from the pistons to the wheels.

Thanks for the info...I'm happy not to take the train for the mo ;-)
The power of steam is amazing. My friend builds Model steam engines & traction engines & you cannot believe the pulling power for such a small unit. He even makes his own crankshaft's very clever guy.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Tel

Post by Tel »

We follow a lot of Steam rallys, and I've seen small traction engines take on some big multi engined machinery at tractor pulling...no competition!

Steam cars always amaze me at the instantaneous acceleration available...just a shame that you need to stop every 5 minutes for water!
2016MY V8R IRR
Billet OBD lock
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Millwheel wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:18 pm It looks nice and sounds terrific but it’s basically a reproduction. It was rebuilt and altered several times by LNER and BR in its working lifetime, then by Pegler, Macalpine and who knows since. It has more in common with the new build Tornado than Doncaster works in May 1928. Would you honestly want to travel in anything that old at 70 mph plus? Rather like HMS Victory, where the timber has been almost completely replaced since Trafalgar. I think the only reliably genuine bit is Nelson’s death location. Us Brits are a bit good at kidding ourselves :) . Never mind, it’s a good story. For now, at least, our F-types are authentic!
A bit too cynical for my perspective on life.
For sure it’s been changed rebuild and modded by many to keep it going and could be argued to be Triggers broom, but surely it’s better this and keeping it safe and functional, than having ended up as scrap. Arguably better this than like the Mallard that just gets dragged from its museum stand every few years
I’m sure it gives pleasure to millions
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post