More EU interference on the way

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

How many accidents will be caused by scenarios such as.......
Stuck behind a bus/car/van/lorry doing 50 on an unlimited a or b single carriageway for miles of bends. Finally a straight appears, you overtake, just to be hit with a 60mph limiter which leaves you hanging out on the wrong side of the road for ages until your gap disappears or something starts coming the otherway.
I've passed my IAM advanced rider and I know you should only overtake if safe to do so and enough room but the extra bit of speed really makes things safer in my opinion.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

It all seems to depend on the country your are in. We experienced in Italy that double white lines actually mean there ;
".. overtake anytime.." . They almost not overtake where a line is discontinued. We experienced it as a culture shock.
As in Switzerland you get a hefty fine if your wheels even touch a continous line..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Such threads make me smile.

Perhaps we should roll back the clock to some glorious point when there was no seatbelts mandated, nor mot, emissions control, NCAP safety, no airbags, breatherliser, no cameras, or even speed limits at all, etc.etc.
Let’s get rid of the GPS and use a road atlas as this is a terrible tech.
Maybe just a bobby in a Wolsey with a ringing bell chasing bandits and we can drive on the M1 at 150mph

Would be kinda nice :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

I don't know if there's any truth in this but I heard Jaguar testing the E Type for top speed on the M1 had an influence on the 70mph limit being introduced.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

XZ4 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:07 am I don't know if there's any truth in this but I heard Jaguar testing the E Type for top speed on the M1 had an influence on the 70mph limit being introduced.
No, It was an AC Cobra.
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Certainly they did it with a lightened version for pr. Guess Norman Dewis as driver. Don’t however forget Aston Martin of Newport Parnell used it as a test track
Reality is there was lots of press coverage and many accidents with high speeds over a few years with heavy fog being a cited factor for a temporary restriction
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

Speed kills.

Speed is not the preserve of the expert driver. Dickheads get to use it too.
Speed kills kids, your kids perhaps, or with Jaguars more likely our grandkids.
I’ve been on several speeding courses where you learn people die more in 30mph zones than anywhere else.

If we are going to have speed limiters they should be linked to satnav data. Then idiots don’t have to kill kids.

As a previous poster says they will probably be adjustable for track days.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Tall dad wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:51 pm Speed kills.

Speed is not the preserve of the expert driver. Dickheads get to use it too.
Speed kills kids, your kids perhaps, or with Jaguars more likely our grandkids.
I’ve been on several speeding courses where you learn people die more in 30mph zones than anywhere else.

If we are going to have speed limiters they should be linked to satnav data. Then idiots don’t have to kill kids.

As a previous poster says they will probably be adjustable for track days.
What you say makes sense. I'd be up for the 30 limiter. Then when out on main roads disconnect.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Just anoter reason to get out of the EU.. ... NEXIT !
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:08 pm Just anoter reason to get out of the EU.. ... NEXIT !
Nexit is a great idea, especially useful for splitting your country men in half, paralysing parliament and scrapping loads of domestic legislation that would actually make a difference to people's lives. It's also really good if you don't like the news programmes, they talk about the same issues every day and night so you don't need to tune in for fear of missing something. 2016 was a great year for the UK, one day in the future we will leave that year and move to another.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy