'Acoustic cameras'

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
PDE

Post by PDE »

What will they come up with next !!! tested in a bid to cut noisy vehicles - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48564995
One mans noise is another's mans sweet music.
Not so much of a problem for us P300 drivers. :D :D
Phil
F-Type P300 R-DYNAMIC, Fuji White, 5060 20" Alloys.
Gone, but not forgotten -
Audi S3 8v Saloon
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 350Z
Honda S2000
etc..

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Iโ€™d be all for this. My village has a few Fiestas and similar cars seemingly without exhausts and a fair few small bikes creating a horrible sound.
There are appropriate times and places for noise, so you can be sure these devices will be there, not wide open deserted areas. First would be central London, where although I love the sounds, Iโ€™m sure residents hate the annual arrival of the rich kids racing their ultra high performance cars
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

So it looks like Jaguar will be recalling F Types for modification! ๐Ÿ˜€
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

It says "noise limit to be determined".

I cant see this catching on or how the technology could be accurate (or accurate enough to form a prosecution).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

philmayfield wrote: โ†‘Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:04 pm So it looks like Jaguar will be recalling F Types for modification! ๐Ÿ˜€
I presume our cars meet all the necessary regulations, so as long as they're stock, no problem .... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

simpleR wrote: โ†‘Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:16 pm It says "noise limit to be determined".

I cant see this catching on or how the technology could be accurate (or accurate enough to form a prosecution).
Iโ€™m sure the same could have been said years ago about speed cameras
Any doubt and Iโ€™m sure old bill can drop by to check the vehicle noise, or put a marker on it so stopped next time seen on the street (as they do with other things such as cars used for drugs, crime, drive-offs, etc.)
Last edited by cj10jeeper on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Regarding regulations, I think that permitted noise levels are yet to be decided. I doubt an F Type on full song would comply!
Blakums

Post by Blakums »

Whatever next....
My SVR makes a lovely bit of noise at 5000 rpm....how will a camera differentiate between my legal noise and some stupidly modified Ford Fiesta?
Currently a McLaren 600LT Spider
Previously a Mc 570S Spider and an Ultra Blue SVR MY 19.5 with lots of goodies!
Er indoors has an MY21 Firenze red EPace HSE
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I did some google searching this morning about the EU regs on noise and the "drive by" element.
Unfortunately 65 pages on one regulation quickly brought on a lack of the will to live.
From what I've seen all our cars are subject to EU type approval which includes noise both static and drive-by so there shouldn't be any issues.
Probably.............................................. :D
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

That will be one software update to ensure isnโ€™t applied - disable active exhaust ๐Ÿ˜‚

Not on my watch! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post