French speeding tickets. Idiot chief of police in Bellac.

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

This time my son was driving. After driving many miles behind some trucks, we finally got two lanes for us uphill.
So we overtook the trucks and two slow vans. On top of the hill the gendarmes were waiting.

I told my son to wait for a place to overtake safely. So we did, with no danger for other trafic. And then the police
start to exploit that exact spot as a cashcow.

So the advice is : avoid the area of Bellac, or overtake anywhere but on locations were a sane person would prefer
to overtake. The amount is just enough [ € 90 ] to be upset, but not enough to drive straight to the police station
and discuss it with the birdbrain who told the gendarmes to go on that specific spot.

The gendarme was very friendly and had the same feelings, but he is just the 'plod ' not the genius Bellac version
of the Louis de Funes character from the 1960's " Gendarme de Ste. Tropez" who gives out the orders.

I know speeding in the UK is more expensive, but my son is a student. His monthly income is € 0,- so the fine
in the UK would amount to.. GBP 0,- .. :mrgreen:

I wrote an email to the chief of police in Bellac. I will never get an answer, I know,,, :roll:

" Je pense que c'est une ideé idiotique pour controler la vitesse sur le seul place ou on peux surprendre avec sécurité.
Sur le N2147, avec tous les camions par la déviation, c'est un torment de conduire a 60kmph. Oui, nous avons surprendre
a une vitesse elevé de 90kmph. Mais ça est une aspecte de surprendre : elever la vitesse. La consequence de vôtre
systeme brilliant : on va surprendre partout, pas plus en une situation secure pour les autres participants. Je pense que
les mortuaires vous envouyez leur felicitations pour augmenter leur clientele. J'ai informer les autres 265.543 utiliseur du forum
de vôtre vache d'argent ."
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

davidd

Post by davidd »

Why would a student get off a speeding fine in the uk?
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

davidd wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:02 pmWhy would a student get off a speeding fine in the uk?
Aren't the fines based on monthly income ? Or is that Zwitserland.. :oops:
scm

Post by scm »

I think they take into account "ability to pay" (to cater for footballers!), but I doubt that'd result in £0 fine being administered. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Speeding penalties in the UK can vary depending on circumstances.
Lowest form of penalty is to attend a speed awareness course which doesn't count as a conviction, nor does it result in points on your licence.
Next is a fixed penalty of £100 and 3 points.
Beyond that is a requirement to go to court where the court can impose a more severe fine etc.

https://www.gov.uk/speeding-penalties
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I don't really get the gripe
You're son was speeding in a known area of speeding and got a ticket. I have no doubt he was frustrated and for sure passed just a few more trucks and vans that legal speed limit would allow
The gendarme is just enforcing the law and for sure stays in a place where the unwary speed, known danger spot or similar
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
alanva

Post by alanva »

I agree with cj10jeeper. In any case, my understanding is that the Gendarmerie are not "the local Police". The latter are a separate entity.
BTW, I was pleased that my "O" level French still enabled me to understand your French missive!
2014 V6 Coupe. Salsa Red, Black full leather, glass roof, 19" alloys, switchable exhaust, reverse camera, black tyres, glass windows. NOW SOLD!
2011 Infiniti fx 50 SUV 5.0 V8
2008 Mercedes C230 2.5 V6
2006 BMW X5 Sport 4.4 V8
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

cj10jeeper wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:48 amI don't really get the gripe
After about 10km of truck delay [ the go uphill 30kmphh with 2m in between, so no space to get back in lane] there is one place with
double lanes uphill. To use that to 'cash' is sick as its the only place overtaking is safe, also for oncoming traffic.

Given the main road to Angouleme was blocked due to roadworks this normal leiserly cruising road turned into hell.

Let them clock people speeding downhill on the overtaking lane for ONCOMING traffic : that is what the French did,
across double white lines. And I now know why.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Dan,

So your safe place to overtake because there were so many trucks close together you could not pass all at the legal speed, or pull in, required your son to break the speed limit.
Clearly a potentially normally safe place was not safe on this occasion..
Your not putting a winning argument forward and should have remained inline and be €60 better off and net further down the road

I do love your rant though :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post