Dash cam

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Good to know. I'll have a search for those threads and do some reading!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

captainham

Post by captainham »

Yep, big fan of Blackvue here and their install service. I have 2 cars, both with Blackvue (although my other car was installed years back by my local car audio place). Didn't bother with the Power Magic thing personally but it's a great idea (that's how they caught and charged that tw@t a few months back who keyed up a parked Vantage).

Both cars had an extra 12v socket installed so I have the option to easily remove/replace with newer model if required.

On the Jag, the Airbag badge on the A-pillar pops off with a flathead screwdriver, exposing a screw so you can remove that whole bit of trim easily.

Mine is wired into fuse box on left end of dash, accessible only when passenger door is open (the whole end of the dash just pops off if you can very something thin enough in there to lever it).

Zero damage nor subsequent rattle from my install.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
captainham

Post by captainham »

Not that I'm on commission or anything, but the newer Blackvue have built-in WiFi (I'm sure other brands will have this on premium models too).

Means you can connected directly to the cam from your phone to A) check position of the lens and B) view/download footage directly on your phone.

My older model doesn't have that which means you need to remove the weeny microSD and access via computer...not the end of the world of course but the WiFi option is a big plus, especially if you have a crash and want to show footage to the police at the roadside!
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Amazing, thanks for the useful reply!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
captainham

Post by captainham »

Amazing, thanks for the useful reply!

Pleasure. Found the Vantage vandal, here's the extra security you can get with the Power Magic (top-spec Blackvues are 2-channel, i.e., rear-facing camera too, but no side cameras unless you go crazy and install another one!).

https://youtu.be/nMwimoM-C6k
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Ah yes I remember seeing that video - really angers me when I see that.

I had my clio RS keyed the other day - so, so annoying.
captainham

Post by captainham »

I had my clio RS keyed the other day - so, so annoying.

I know there are plenty of tools in the world, but I really don't see what anyone gets out of doing something like that. Sorry to hear that.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post