Dash cam

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Same one as me scoobydoo! I'm waiting for mine to come into stock. Great minds think alike...

Do you have a site for hardwiring the 12v into as I'm looking for the easiest place to get at...

The 0806 will hide nicely on the left hand side of the mirror (from the drivers seat) with the adhesive mount behind the black area of the windscreen I reckon...daytona6502015-02-16 15:39:42
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Hi Daytona650,

I'm also expecting delivery shortly and plan on hiding it on the L/H side of the mirror. I plan to get an auto electrician to wire it in as they will have much more experience in fitting them safely than I have. I ordered the polarising filter too just in case we ever get any direct sunlight!! Amazon seem to be the most reasonable for class 10 samsung Evo micro SD cards. There are some forgeries about apparently so I thought it best to stick to ones supplied direct from Amazon.

Once I've had it fitted I will post a further review with details of how it was hardwired in.

Regards.

Scoobydoo
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
Tel

Post by Tel »

Thanks for the links and information guys - great reading!

I'm nowhere near choosing which model, but I would like to get one with a speed readout on as I think that this will be useful?!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Hi Tel,

If you want speed recording the GPS version is required. Seems to be worth getting the GPS mount anyway as GPS recording can be turned off within the software menu on the camera. I'm hoping that the GPS mount will work OK as I have a heated front screen and they can cause problems! Time will tell I guess.

Took me ages to decide on which camera to go for as there are so many out there. The Mini 0806 is a brand new model but previous bullet type cameras have been very popular as they are very small but do have a small screen (1.5inch) so you can see what is being recorded if you want/need to. As Daytona 650 has mentioned, there is a black area to the left of the rear view mirror which will take the mount. The camera will hang just beneath it but will be hidden completely by the mirror itself. In normal use it won't be seen by the driver (very important as could be MOT failure) and will turn on automatically and start recording every time the car is started. I will post a further review once I've had it wired in and had chance to get some use out of it.

Regards.

Scoobydoo

scoobydoo2015-02-18 22:30:34
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Hi Tel,

I've ordered one of the new Mini 0806 models which I will have hardwired in. There is both day and night time footage on the page below:-

http://www.carcamerashop.co.uk/mini-0806.html

I will post a review of the camera once I have had time to assess it properly.

Regards.

Scoobydoo

@Scoobydoo - who did you use to hardwire the camera in? I'm looking to do the same, eventually
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Hi Sammy,

I didn't bother with a hardwired install in the end as I managed to do a good job of hiding the wire with £2-50 worth of trim prise tools I got on fleaBay! A professional install cost almost as much as I paid for the dashcam so I decided against it. Also, the Mini0806 still has a software issue in that it doesn't autoswitch to the second SD card. That said, it performs perfectly well and will record a full days footage onto one 64gb card so not really a problem. I will probably upgrade to a Blackvue front and rear camera eventually but, for now, the Mini0806 is performing well and hides nicely behind the mirror.

Great spec you have ordered for your new Coupe - now comes the wait but it's well worth it. I hope you enjoy your new car as much as I still enjoy mine.

Paul aka Scoobydoo
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Thanks for the reply!

If you have any photos of how you've hidden the wire, I'd be very interested in seeing that.

My concern was tying up one of the 12v port and having a nasty wire hanging about :S
I'm looking at this one as it has parking mode and a rear camera as well: http://www.carcamerashop.co.uk/blackvue-dr650gw-2ch.html
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Hi Sammy,

The Blackvue you are looking at getting is the one I have in mind too when I upgrade from the Mini0806. The seller offers nationwide hardwired installation for £99 which is more than my Mini0806 cost hence my decision to hide the wire myself. However, when I get the Blackvue, I will be happy to pay the install charge, given the price of the hardware!

The Blackvue Powermagic option looks to be the way to go - Checkout Blackvue site too as they have bundles on offer with installation, Powermagic and free SD card included.

SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Good feedback!

I just worry they way they install it will either a) void the warranty or b) make a mess of the inside of my beautiful new car :S
But I'll check out their site for sure!
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Hi Sammy,

I can understand your concern. On a separate thread there are other members who have gone for the Blackvue cameras and had them installed without any issues. I plan on having a 3rd cigar lighter style socket installed as Captainham did and then run the Blackvue Powermagic from that. Any autoelectrician will be able to safely install an additional CL type socket with no impact on the cars other electric circuits and, most importantly, without affecting any warranties.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post