Things to tell your Insurance

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
chicb

Post by chicb »

Article in Auto Express, things you would not normally think about :o i.e. stickers, decals, ppf
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/ ... r-revealed
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S

Nick

Post by Nick »

Any trick to get out of paying..
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
davidd

Post by davidd »

Just tell them everything.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Insurance Co's - They are all an absolute scam.

You would have thought locking wheel nuts, trackers and dash cams would knock a few quid off the price - Nope.
We actually reduced our daughter's first premium by adding 4 extra drivers - Utter madness

Any reason NOT to pay out. However, it's one of wonderful British rules that we must have it.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Tel wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:19 pm Insurance Co's - They are all an absolute scam.

You would have thought locking wheel nuts, trackers and dash cams would knock a few quid off the price - Nope.
We actually reduced our daughter's first premium by adding 4 extra drivers - Utter madness

Any reason NOT to pay out. However, it's one of wonderful British rules that we must have it.
Adding 4 extra drivers just means your higher risk daughter drives the car less, so less chance of crashing it.
If she’s really the main driver and others rarely do drive it, then you’ll probably just fail any claim
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

I told my insurance something last year. I told them I’d moved house & my pride & joy would now be kept in a locked, brick garage in a rural village against parked on a drive in a modern housing estate. They proceeded to tell me my insurance premium was going up.

Wonder if the lads in their tinted windowed, blacked out Audi/Merc 63’s with smoked number plates, or even that tasteful mod of front plate on dashboard (yes Timbo 😄) driving at frightening speeds through city suburbs tell their insurance companies anything 🤔
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

DaddyDarren wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:54 pm I told my insurance something last year. I told them I’d moved house & my pride & joy would now be kept in a locked, brick garage in a rural village against parked on a drive in a modern housing estate. They proceeded to tell me my insurance premium was going up.

Wonder if the lads in their tinted windowed, blacked out Audi/Merc 63’s with smoked number plates, or even that tasteful mod of front plate on dashboard (yes Timbo 😄) driving at frightening speeds through city suburbs tell their insurance companies anything 🤔
This is another good one. Statistically it’s a greater risk to park in a garage as more accidents occur driving in and out and dropping things on it..
Mate of mine used to park his Lotus on street, started parking in an old lady’s empty garage by his flat. Dropped a tyre pump on the bonnet and had a claim rejected as not declared..

Love or loath insurance companies it’s pure statistics.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Captain Midlife

Post by Captain Midlife »

I added my wife to my mum's car and the premium came down by £80. This got me excited so asked if I could add her to my dad's car and they wanted an extra £100. Same Company. Bonkers.

Statistics, or prices just made up on te day?
Between toys :cry:
scm

Post by scm »

Your wife is clearly a better risk than your mum, but a worse risk than your dad. Insurers' logic. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Captain Midlife

Post by Captain Midlife »

scm wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:42 pm Your wife is clearly a better risk than your mum, but a worse risk than your dad. Insurers' logic. ;)
You might have a point, I need to start to understand "insurers' logic" but am having difficulty with common sense!
Mrs Midlife and my Dad both have very similar 1.4TSI VW's. She pays £160 and he pays £550 (£650 with her). I assumed that was because he is 89 and has 3 points, she isn't anywhere near 89 and has no points. Lower risk? I don't really think that's a player. So I am mystified by insurers' logic.
:idea: My neighbours both work for Esure, I'll see if they can shed any logical light :roll:
Between toys :cry:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post