Why to avoid DPD parcel services..

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

--- AVOID DPD PARCEL SERVICES -----

I ordered some parts for my new car [ F-PAce]. The seller made sure it got to the DPD depot asap, it appeared there some time later.
This was on monday the 23rd ; delivery was due on friday the 27th.. .. but the 25th the shipment was still stationary in Dunstable ! :shock:

So the seller contacted DPD just to hear the package was 'to long' --why did they accept it -- so it was transferred to 'normal' shipping.

As you may have guessed, it did not arrive. So on saterday I started phoning DPD in the Netherlands [ didn't know of the existence..],
then email DPD UK services ''...we forwarded your email to international services.." , yes you guessed it : NO REPLY !

So I contacted International sevices by email on sunday , only to recieve a reply "..within 2 hours on working days.." TODAY around 17h !! :roll:

But before this, the seller contacted me and said they shipped it BACK TO HIM (???) also charging him GBP 44.-- EXTRA ????

So now it comes by TNT...

DPD screenshot, some private details eliminated..

dpd.jpg

Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

scm

Post by scm »

Hopefully, that seller will dump DPD so they learn (lose) from their incompetence.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I think this goes on for ages. I used to order feed supplements for our horses from the UK. Price difference was -60%
from what we paid here. So I would order for about 7 friends also. Every two months we needed 20 cans, the max
that fitted in a box at a low shipping rate. Mostly it was still in theit ware house in Stanstead, when they delivered
at my door in the Netherlands.. .. but that wat 'too quick' , which isn't really a bad thing. Only bad logistics, no tracking,
no oparational firmware.. .. quite a sting for a parcel company..
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I had to go to the DPD main depot near Northampton to pick a parcel they failed to deliver 4 times because my postcode was not in google....! The rest of the address was fine it really isn't hard to find. While in the waiting lounge to receive my parcel everyone else was being told its locked in the secure pound and there was nothing they could do till Monday... to much anguish of the people who travelled there. In the lounge was a notice "number 1 delivery service"... I think not!

To be honest I had worse issues with TNT! But they are improving after a buyout.

I actually find Hermes provide the best service at good rates. Used 100s of times, only had 1 issue.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

These issues are annoying for sure and no delivery company is perfect, my company have tried them all and the best so far is DHL we pay a bit more but we find they are the most reliable.

We even ship to the states next day and they’ve not let us down yet, fingers crossed x

Incidentally I know someone who worked for Hermes, apparently he was told not to bring anything back under any circumstances, that’s why they’ve been known to leave parcels in the rain and throw them over gates... :roll:
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

Hmmm, DPD, the lying bunch that send you a message giving an hour slot in which they're going to deliver.
Sounds great, arrive ten minutes before the hour slot starts to find a card with a, 'We tried to deliver', time set in the future.
Very interesting phone call with their call centre whislt holding fabricated evidence in my hand (and all before the hour started).

Perhaps those were DeLorean tyre marks across my lawn.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

We have a lot of deliveries since our 3 adult children let things be delivered here, we live in the sticks and
nothing ever gets lost. For most drivers whe have the WhatsApp number, so they know if we are not there.
They then divert the route a bit. Once we even met on the corner one kilometer from our house as we
told them we were leaving, but that one is a hard act to follow a 2nd time.
ml276

Post by ml276 »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:16 pm We have a lot of deliveries since our 3 adult children let things be delivered here, we live in the sticks and
nothing ever gets lost. For most drivers whe have the WhatsApp number, so they know if we are not there.
They then divert the route a bit. Once we even met on the corner one kilometer from our house as we
told them we were leaving, but that one is a hard act to follow a 2nd time.
wow that sounds like excellent service. i dont think you get the same level of rapport/service in the UK or London at least :lol:
MY16 V6S Coupe Corris Grey
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

ml276 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:01 pmwow that sounds like excellent service. i dont think you get the same level of rapport/service in the UK or London at least :lol:
Its effective for both parties ; otherwise they drive for nought ánd have to get back a 2nd time.. ..or we have to stay home again.. :roll:
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

Never had a problem with DPD, shipping or recieving parcels, first class and always on time.
Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post