Mclaren Shocking Service

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I'd love a Mclaren and looked seriously a couple of years ago, but the running costs and the reports of various faults and fragility is shocking for the price of the cars.

The depreciation is also next level as they are producing too many models too quickly with most on finance and then traded in.

I watch a few youtube videos and this video is by no means unusual. I notice this week that Schmee's 675LT has been in with rust at 10k miles and is having problems again.

All cars have problems and the F-Type has its fair share, but it's not fragile, nor does it cost thousands a year to run.

I can see Mclaren having big problems in the near future if it doesnt change it's sales strategy.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.

Blakums

Post by Blakums »

Some fair comments on here, some not so fair.
Financially, McLaren are in a pretty good position.
Yes, there are some flaws. They certainly have their idiosyncrasies. Yes, they are expensive to buy and they depreciate quite considerably....
But...
Take one out for a drive and all that will be forgiven, if not forgotten.
They come with a 3 year warranty. Mine had some basic issues. Mclaren at New Forest sent a car lorry down, picked it up, sorted it and brought it back down on the lorry. They were, and still are, excellent with their aftersales.
Fully comp insurance for mine and a Jaguar F Pace ( with wife as well) came in at less than £500. I’m 52, full no claims, EX8, Admiral.
I had a truly stunning F Type SVR which I bought new last March. Great car - faultless.
McLaren- different level, another planet...and it’s British 👍
Best wishes to you all for the New Year - enjoy your driving! 😄
Currently a McLaren 600LT Spider
Previously a Mc 570S Spider and an Ultra Blue SVR MY 19.5 with lots of goodies!
Er indoors has an MY21 Firenze red EPace HSE

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post