Scam Amazon Prime

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
chicb

Post by chicb »

Received a call yesterday, "This is Amazon Prime, your subscription is going up to £17.99 a month, if you wish to cancel press 1"
As I had by chance been on the phone to Amazon about another matter that morning it took me by surprise & as I was already in a bad mood with my call to Amazon, so pressed 1.
Got this African voice saying do you want to cancel as it going up to £29.99, then I twigged it was a scam. I said your a scammer & was met with (expletive deleted) at which point I hung up.
I'm usually pretty alert about these things but as I had already been speaking with Amazon was thrown off balance. So watch out for this
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S

MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Most corporations do not have direct links from emails. They are getting craftier by the hour, but never ever click on anything in an email. Never call numbers given in emails either.

Great app I use for 0800 0345 etc etc premium numbers is weQ4u. https://www.weq4u.co.uk/ either get it from the website or play store etc.

To think this has been going around for two decades now, yet people are still being conned daily.

On a lighter note...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA3zhzT ... o&index=2
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

For sure a standard scam
The real problem is in many instances the number you call is a premium phone line so even if you tell them where to go it’s cost you...
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Tel

Post by Tel »

George Agdgdgdgdgdgwngo ironically, very amusing!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:03 pm For sure a standard scam
The real problem is in many instances the number you call is a premium phone line so even if you tell them where to go it’s cost you...
Not unless you use the app I mentioned in my post.....
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The current Amazon scam was in the news recently with over £1m already conned from people.

Amazon have a service for reporting such things.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custom ... =201909130
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

MM1963 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:17 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:03 pm For sure a standard scam
Not unless you use the app I mentioned in my post.....
This is clear _ the scam works in several layers
1) you return the call on a premium line
2) if you do then they con bank or card details from you to cancel the payment...
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Premium numbers using the weq4u app on your mobile are charged at standard rates.
But never call numbers from emails, period.
And never click on a link from one either.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post