Car Tax Query

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Not related to the F-Type but my other car. (Family wagon).

The car was new on 1st March 2017 so on Friday 28th Feb it went in for 3rd service and 1st MOT. No issues and passed. MOT showed instantly online.

About 2 weeks ago we got a letter from DVSA saying that to keep the car tax on direct debit the car must pass an MOT by the 29th Feb.

It passed on the 28th as I said but the direct debit has not come out, there are no pending transactions and when checking online it says the car is not taxed.

Anyone had this scenario before?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

scm

Post by scm »

No personal experience but I'd have thought if you've set up a direct debit and met the MOT criteria it's up to DVLA to take the payment.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Might be worth checking the MOT station hasn't failed to upload your MOT status to the DVSA, which you can do here.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

MOT shows since Friday.
Tax shows as expired since Saturday.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Obvious thing to do is call the DVLA, web chat or email
Just because you have a DD set up doesn’t mean it’s their problem. They will show how to rectify rather than you sitting around and risking a fine, stopped for no tax or in breach of insurance, etc.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Yes its you're responsibility to ensure it's taxed before you use it, somethings gone wrong in your case, so you need to get on the phone, DVSA Enquiries : 0300 123 9000 and sort it before you use the car or place it on a public highway.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Ok, so joined the queue and called them. And waited and waited. And finally.

They said not to worry about it. Even though MOT is uploaded instantly, it can take up to 5 working days for DVSA systems to update and then the existing direct debit will kick back in.

5 days I said, in today's modern IT era! Requested an email to confirm conversation and confirmation it is actually taxed. Apparently that takes 48 hours as well. LOL.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Good its put your mind at rest and you know you're legal, that's crazy you can look it up online straight away but takes them 5 days...!?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Yes 5 days they said. Still apparently not taxed today when checking online. And still no email.
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

I have a car with tax due for renewal and the email and copy mandate details from DVLA say it will be collected on the 4th March so I think it usual for the payment to be taken after the due date.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post