Coronavirus

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

JurassicF wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:21 am Looking at the markets seems that for the time being they have started to bottom out.
Not dared to look at my portfolio though😵

All to do with news of a U.S. $2 trillion COVID-19 stimulus package!

We’re nowhere near out of the woods yet, due to the economic damage being caused by the Coronavirus pandemic.

Investors are wary of the bleak economic data coming out of various countries, suggesting the global economy could be in for a rough ride going forward and the U.S. stimulus package itself could also run into trouble.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

They've turned upward as the American stimulus package seems to be happening, A bit of relief but still way down from such a short time ago!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Yes, but it may be a temporary uptick. We'll have to see if it's at all sustainable. I'm still very concerned.

How are you guys doing with your lockdown ?
We're on lockdown here in South Africa today for the next 21 days. Because of this, I took my F type out early yesterday morning for it's "weekly run" as I'm always concerned about the battery.

I actually disconnect the battery on my Honda yesterday.

I've never experienced such quiet roads as I'm today !!
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

santoshlv426 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:16 am How are you guys doing with your lockdown ?
We're on lockdown here in South Africa today for the next 21 days. Because of this, I took my F type out early yesterday morning for it's "weekly run" as I'm always concerned about the battery.
Not exactly a lockdown then ? :lol:
In the UK people can only use their cars for essential journeys such as buying food.
:D
vika01

Post by vika01 »

santoshlv426 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:16 am Yes, but it may be a temporary uptick. We'll have to see if it's at all sustainable. I'm still very concerned.

How are you guys doing with your lockdown ?

I actually disconnect the battery on my Honda yesterday.

I've never experienced such quiet roads as I'm today !!

Here in Sweden only a few sporting events are postponed/canceled and tv shows are without a studio audience. Other than that everything is almost exactly as if there is no virus. Government only gives recommendations and people don’t care. It will turn really bad here.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Same here, cars only for essential shopping. Food mainly. Today the roads are quiet so it seems most people are complying however, I think after about 2 weeks people may try to "chance" a trip.
I'm keeping up to speed with what's going on in other countries via BBC World.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Well with Boris testing positive I can guess there will be even more pressure applied to force the stay at home. If people don't then it will be made so much tougher for all, like we see in Spain, France, etc.

My daily challenge is as a runner when I go out, but how far from home is acceptable? I see nobody when running in very rural Staffs., but is it 250m, 1k, or the 6k loop I run is acceptable? Who knows..

Anyway back on topic - re-entered the stock market today in a fairly strong way. Need to replenish the pension deficit over the coming years, Time will tell if wise or I poured petrol onto my pension pot cash fire..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

cj10jeeper wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:45 am My daily challenge is as a runner when I go out, but how far from home is acceptable? I see nobody when running in very rural Staffs., but is it 250m, 1k, or the 6k loop I run is acceptable?
The guidance says "once a day" so your 6k loop, seeing no-one else, sounds perfectly acceptable. Take care so you don't injure yourself and need NHS services, though. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

scm wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:01 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:45 am My daily challenge is as a runner when I go out, but how far from home is acceptable? I see nobody when running in very rural Staffs., but is it 250m, 1k, or the 6k loop I run is acceptable?
The guidance says "once a day" so your 6k loop, seeing no-one else, sounds perfectly acceptable. Take care so you don't injure yourself and need NHS services, though. ;)
That was my take on it and agree - no point in social distancing to break an ankle and spend the day in hospital :shock:

I see the local police here have clarified that driving to a public park or even more rural park is not acceptable, just using it if you live close, which seems reasonable.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

We are still in Spain, all ferries cancelled from our original booking of 12th March till May and as we have a dog, we have no other option to get back to the UK.
The lock down here is really severe, no opportunity to go out and walk unless you have a dog.
Fortunately Andalucia has few cases it's mainly in Madrid and Catalunia.
Enjoy your bit of freedom before it gets more restrictive as I am sure it will.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel