Coronavirus

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Interesting link thanks
Makes it crazy for anyone to buy a new car in the next few weeks, even if they can do so online. Wait for the offers, discounts, cheap financing to come out
Second hand will take a beating then
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

What is baffling me given the horrendous implications for governments, industry, airlines etc., is the rebound of the markets.
Glad I never panicked, but I just don't understand what is driving this bull run.

Let's hope there is not another upturn in infections and deaths through a too early return to some form of normality. Maybe now is the time to take some profits??
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

JurassicF wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:02 pm I just don't understand what is driving this bull run.

Let's hope there is not another upturn in infections and deaths through a too early return to some form of normality. Maybe now is the time to take some profits??

It has been said that the markets are 'In Denial’. I sold and took profits on the last ‘Dead Cat Bounce’.

I’ve seen recent forecasts which suggest a drop in the markets of somewhere between 5-20% in the not too distant future! Will be reinvesting when I feel the time is right?

Like you, I also hope there is not another upturn in infections and deaths through a 'too early return to some form of normality' but I've got a bad feeling about this as I think it could trigger the second wave!

As an employee and ‘essential worker’ for a large multinational company it’s almost been business as usual for me and fortunately I’m able to use my cars on a regular basis........been nice taking the F-Type out on less congested roads!

Hope you manage to get back home from Spain on May 16th.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I've let this one run as it is relevant to us all as to how the pandemic is affecting people.
However, I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable with mentions of making profits and the right time to invest when thousands have and will continue to die.
Given the scale of this situation, maybe now is not the time to discuss financial dealings on the back of this tragedy.
Perhaps we should just stick to the crisis and how it is affecting us remembering that many thousands in this country are really struggling financially right now and I include those whose pensions are taking a hit before anybody says anything.
Topic title has been changed accordingly.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Hi Phil,
Whilst we are all remembering those that have lost their lives in this terrible time and the stresses it has placed on front line workers and people in general, the topic was started to discuss the Coronavirus and impacts on the markets.
I cannot see how it can then be inappropriate not to discuss the markets and the bewildering trends that we are currently seeing.
Rob
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Quote from OP
"I would like to hear about the sentiment there in the UK with the Coronavirus and in particular the market crash which has eroded substantial paper wealth I'm sure as it's done over here."
Maybe the title should be current financial markets?
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

JurassicF wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:40 pm Quote from OP
"I would like to hear about the sentiment there in the UK with the Coronavirus and in particular the market crash which has eroded substantial paper wealth I'm sure as it's done over here."
Maybe the title should be current financial markets?
That was the original post nearly two months ago.
Reading through this thread there are a few who are regularly discussing the market bottoming out and when is a good time to buy shares at their lowest etc etc.
Of course this is the way the stock market works - buy low and sell high to maximise profit.
I am sure many will be making substantial profits on their stocks and increasing their wealth.
However, given the tragedy that has caused this crash in the first placet and the fact that many including people on here are on furlough or even might have lost their jobs and/or businesses then perhaps we should leave the stocks and shares discussions alone.
Let's get back to cars.
Thanks.
scm

Post by scm »

PhilB wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:20 pm Let's get back to cars.
But that would be on-topic, which would be off-topic for this section? ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

🤔😂😂
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel