Coronavirus

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

I would like to hear about the sentiment there in the UK with the Coronavirus and in particular the market crash which has eroded substantial paper wealth I'm sure as it's done over here.

If we had taken what we paid for the F Type and put it in the market, the car's probably worth more today !
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Ha Ha, Yes I sold up some profitable shares towards buying mine at the end of last year, and was indeed just thinking the Jag for once has potentially depreciated less! Not bad given I'd written that money off the moment it when into a car (especially a Jag!)

The remainder of my portfolio is a bloodbath right now... :o

Which of course means pensions have been hit hard! Hope no-one is retiring in the next few months!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I withdrew 50% of my stocks and shares and moved it to cash at start of January in fear something might happen.
Although pension has took a massive hit but I'm 25 years away from retirement so it should recover in time (LOL). Feel sorry for others though nearer to retirement.

There is a live Coronavirus tracker here if anyone is interested - https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Yes I've been watching that SimpleR interesting, but of course if they represented the size of the dots as a percentage of population, they'd barely take up a pixel!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Not good reading is it.

Currently it's added 2 years to my target retirement date, to get back to where I was a week ago.

But of course we're all in much the same boat - and that doesn't help in keeping a safe distance either!

As in everything else in life, health comes first - be that a pension fund hit or someone hitting your beloved F-Type :roll:

...and once the world wakes up to the fact that global warming is already going to have such a massive impact in a relatively short time, money might not be too important by then anyway! Yaba Daba Doo!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Presumably as they have stopped testing people who have symptoms then these trackers and figures are going to be pretty worthless soon.
But while the figures are still available let's just look at the figures for today.
798 positive tests IN TOTAL since testing began (how many have recovered and are ok?)
31, 973 tests completed.
Positive hit rate of 2,5%
Deaths so far 10.
Death rate of known positive cases 1.3%.
Take into account the hundreds or even thousands that might have it, had it and recovered with minor symptoms then the death rate is even lower.
Yes, most of us are probably going to get ill and some will die but the vast majority will get over it and carry on.
Keep your chins up!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

You calling me double-chinned? :lol:

Have a good weekend folks!
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

simpleR wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:36 pm I withdrew 50% of my stocks and shares and moved it to cash at start of January in fear something might happen.
Although pension has took a massive hit but I'm 25 years away from retirement so it should recover in time (LOL). Feel sorry for others though nearer to retirement.

There is a live Coronavirus tracker here if anyone is interested - https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6
Why is there no figures for the uk on that.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Look up for your area here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

UK was there this morning, strange.

Maybe because Government advise is self isolate and you wont be tested, so the figures will get way under reported...?
Or the website data feed has gone wrong!