Beware Jet2

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

I was booked on a return flight to Tenerife tomorrow and due to the ongoing coronavirus issues as expected my flight was cancelled, oh well these thing happen. As jet2 cancelled my flight I was due a refund fine I thought. But they say as only my outbound flight is cancelled I am only entitled to outbound refund only :evil: . I say to them I booked a return package so I should get a full return refund. And what good is a return flight only when I can't get there in the first place :twisted: But No I only get the cancelled flight refund. Any advice?
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

On checking current laws it says.....

If your flight is cancelled
You have the legal right to either:

1) a full refund - including other flights from the airline that you won’t use in the same booking such as onward or return flights
2) a replacement flight to get you to your destination

Obviously just trying their luck!

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consu ... cancelled/
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

And Jet2 websites says:

https://www.jet2.com/faqs?topic=flight- ... es-it-cost

"If we cancel your flights and can’t offer a suitable alternative, we will give you a full refund."
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Interesting stance they are taking
I will know more myself in the next couple of days as was scheduled to travel later next week. So far they only cancelled the next 7 days (from Sunday)

I’ll certainly just go down the cc chargeback route if I have any outbound only nonsense from them
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

I just rang them back to reschedule my return flight and rebook another outbound one. The girl I got this time said I should have been refunded the whole amount for outbound and return so she refunded the remaining amount. Think jet2 need to retrain some of there staff. On a positive note the whole package was £100 cheaper. So more fuel for the F Type.
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Glad this worked out well
I just got my cancellation notice today:

We’re sorry but we’ve had to cancel your flights to Mainland Spain due to the unprecedented coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We’ll be providing you with a full refund, which will appear in your account within the next 28 days. If we’ve already been in touch about your cancelled booking, please ignore this message.

I wonder if I can self isolate when the time comes in the F Type on winding roads in Wales and Scotland??
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

Just had a cancellation notice from Jet2 for my flights to Portugal in a fortnight.
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Easy jet just cancelled a Spain return trip for me. Easy to get refund on line, let's hope the money arrives into my account.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post