Structural engineer question. Fixing in concrete.

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:46 pm
GusA wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:48 pmLooking good, going to be a nice home for the 300 ponies and plenty of space to sit outside and keep an eye on it!
Thanks ! Actually 550 ponies... a P300 and a 25t F-Pace... 8-)
:lol:

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I finally finished the carport.. .. erecting the frame was the easy bit.. ..the roof was complicated and even more cladding the columns..

View from the house..

20200801143301_IMG_1606.JPG

frontview

front.jpg

rearview

rear.jpg

signage.. :mrgreen:

20200801143238_IMG_1605.JPG

Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
scm

Post by scm »

Very nice!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Thanks ! Had a fight with the council to get to build it in a better place , 10 meters more forward, still 50m from the road.
Council did not want it, after 6 court cases untill the council-of-state I gave up. The lies, the cheating, misrepresentation,
lousy lawyers... .. it cost me enough to build two double garages. And just because they 'think' it looks ' messy '...
That location is behind two buildings and two rows of trees, invisible from the street.

Now its 10m further, but in plain sight... .. civil servants.. ... hopeless.
scm

Post by scm »

Messy? It looks brilliant! Power-mad bureaucrats .... :(
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

scm wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:58 pm Messy? It looks brilliant! Power-mad bureaucrats .... :(
Power-mad indeed. Problem is : they live in a terraced house or small flat, and they are plain jealous.
They don't care that you pay fortunes in tax just to be there, and take care of trees and landscape without any revenue for no cost to them.

And again, next year come council tax, they value the carport and increase the taxation !

Our aim is to make it look good. This what I send them to inform them the build is ready.. ..not joking !

gemeente.jpg

I got into a tiff last winter. The county should clean the verges off fallen leaves. They do that in early october [ hardly any leaves fell ],
then thoughout november an december the winds blows it into our yard. Every year we have 6 horse boxes filled to the roof :
3 from trees from the county, one from trees from neighbours and two from our trees. So I complained, they came again with a
mobile leaves vacuum machine, the whole street. But they stopped the suction in front of our plot, and continued down the lane.
I have CCTV looking from a gable so I could see no leave blown into the trailer at our stretch. I confronted the responsible supervisor.
His reponse " ..only you with two jaguars and the other guy with two Land Rovers complain.." , like "pay for cleaning yourselves"...

Stupid enough he wrote it in an email. So I filed a complaint. The supervisor showed up with a wheelbarrow and a rake, spent 3 hours
doing it by hand, on a saterday !!! I brought him a cup of coffee... 8-) .
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello lovely pictures and a great project that is now complete .. thanks for posting all your talented efforts well done
truly inspirational to us all .. looks like you have a great setting for your family home
both jaguars look great in their new home as well
all the best keep safe .. looking forward to more of your interesting posts on this forum
regards
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Kaspa

Thanks, hope I can inspire some to build something too. I have the privilege of a home distant from the road,
so I can leave tools outside and materials. Would be hard in a build-up area I imagine.
Our house is a result of a move 15yrs ago from the bizzy part to this inland retreat. We sold a semi on 800m² ,
and for the same money had a bungalow on 15.000m² ! Since then we have been extending and changing.
A nice timewaster for a pensioner like me !

Next project will be a 'tiny home' in Portugal. But for the moment everything is 'on hold' due to covid, as so many things.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post