Unsolicited DVLA tax refund?

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Fez wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:38 pm Worth remembering you only get vehicle tax back if you sorn or sell. If you have not done either then don't expect a return of funds. If you have done then your refund comes in the form of a cheque in the post...
Which I got last week. From my Bike tax. Banks closed. So used the online banking app I always use. The phone takes a picture of the cheque & bobs your uncle. Money in the bank. Tech eh.
Steve.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I just got a text from PayPal suggesting the account is blocked and follow this link to unblock, was a paypal.secure5.com, the link looked really realistic, thankfully I went to a new page and logged in, no messages on my account.

Forwarded the text contents to spoof@paypal.com along with the number it was sent from. They are getting really convincing now!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Never thought I would look forward so much to setting up my direct debits to DVLA. Means I can take my cars off SORN and start driving them🤗
Last edited by JurassicF on Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Just made me think how lucky we are with DVLA's SORN process, I don't have the same option for my Spanish cars💰
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Captain Midlife

Post by Captain Midlife »

scm wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:48 am Has anyone else received one of these spam text messages?

"DVLA. Your outstanding vehicle tax refund from an overpayment is pending. Please visit our secure link to process" followed by an extremely dodgy-looking link.

I wonder how many unwary souls will be caught out.
Yes I've had two. It was before I bought the F-Type so before Nov 19. The first alarm bell was that one of my cars costs £20 per year and the other is a lease where Audi pay the RFL. Second alarm was that there was no registration number to reference it to. The email address and web-link URL looked convincing though but in my circumstances it wasn't difficult to see it's scam spam.
My dad however...... :o
Between toys :cry:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post