UK to Croatia

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Nick

Post by Nick »

Anyone driven from the UK to Croatia.

All advice would be welcome on routes and stop overs, was thinking through Germany and Austria, I plan to go later in the summer and prefer not to fly.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

You driving down to your yacht? 8-)

I would say you "have" to take the German Autobahns, just to open her up a bit on the clear sections.

If going on the Shuttle book as a high vehicle and then you don't have to curb your wheels going up the ramps to the top deck.
It's commonly done by people with nice / low cars, but have your booking slip to hand just in case someone thinks you've got into the wrong queue.
We just got a knowing wave forward in amongst the camper vans.

Drove down across the Swiss Alps to Sienna in Italy in 2018 - had one overnight stop just south of Luzern to make it a 2 day run and found it absolutely fine.
The Performance seats proved supremely comfortable and I do have back issues on and off like many, so that was good to find.
Ultimately it comes down to how long a stint of driving you are comfortable with.

As we passed through multiple countries I set the way points as individual SAT-NAV destinations one after the other, so could just call them up in order - e.g. stopping at Reims on the way back to see the old racing straight and grandstands.

I'm sure others will be along with more thoughts soon.

...and we will want to see photos :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Here is scenic route I have done to Lake Garda (we went onto Venice as well which isn't far from Croatia). Includes hotels and costs etc further up in the topic).

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2258&p=20818&hilit ... rda#p20816

Not a direct route to Croatia though!!

+1 for booking high side vehicle (doesn't cost anymore)

+1 for pics please.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Nick

Post by Nick »

Thanks looks interesting

SimpleR, I do fancy that route, SHMBO though can get a bit car sick, she tends to scream a bit also when I drive fast.. :lol:, worry that those roads look very non straight.

Lunar, wish I did have a yacht SHMBO (again..] isn’t so keen on life on the ocean waves, me I love it, also below the waves, so either I get one and do tell her, or try to break her into slowly to the joys of sailing.

Two day trip, will overnight near the tunnel and then go in the morning, so a good midway stop to find.

Basel, to Milan, Venice, Trieste possible might have to be 3 day though.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770