F-Pace 2016 or Porsche Cayenne 2012 ?

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
crossing

Post by crossing »

Hello,

I need to decide which car to buy, both are quite the same price, actually I have found 2 cars with the same mileage , each one costs 20.000 EURO. The difference between them is the year (2012 Porsche Cayenne and 2016 F-Pace) and the tremendous extra futures that Cayenne has (air suspension with multiple settings, ventilated seats front and back, panorama, heated seats both front and back, heated steering wheel, WEBASTO with remote). Also the initial price of the Porsche was 120.0000 EURO , while the Jaguar I think it was max 60.000 EURO , the Jaguar F-Pace have as extras leather interior and heated sets. One downside of the Porsche is the local yearly tax which is 400 EURO for 3.0L Diesel engine. The F-Pace has 2.0 Diesel engine ( 30 EURO yearly tax).

What car should I buy ? The exterior of the F-Pace is clearly more modern but the interior seems more elegant on Cayenne and the extra features costed a fortune. Both cars are very well maintained. Its simply incredible how much money is lost with the Cayenne , 100.000 EURO in 8 years !

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I would buy neither and get an F-TYPE instead.

However, you have ended up on the f-type forum, so answers maybe biased. :oops:

If you chose to post on fpace forum the answer will probably be fpace. If you post on porcshe forum then the answer will probably be the cayenne.

Good luck though with whichever you decide.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

If I planned to keep it for several years then to me the Cayenne would represent a better long term deal
It’s depreciation will now be very low and the F Pace high. It will always have a certain appeal and the F Pace just an old family car

In reality though only you can know which one you want and ticks most boxes
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I had a Cayenne and I’m afraid my experience was not good with huge running costs and terrible reliability. My car was a 2012 with 30k miles when I bought it and full Porsche service history. Loads of electrical gremlins like not recognising the key halfway through a journey and then refusing to start, power steering failed and had to be recovered back to dealer. Also had a complete engine rebuild after one of the bolts holding a camshaft in place sheared and destroying the pistons, conrods etc (although mine was the 4.8 V8 turbo). Window switches fell apart. All the parts from Porsche are astronomically priced.

Having said that it was an astonishing car to drive and very capable. Just don’t think you’ll be getting cheap motoring.
crossing

Post by crossing »

GusA wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:38 pm I had a Cayenne and I’m afraid my experience was not good with huge running costs and terrible reliability. My car was a 2012 with 30k miles when I bought it and full Porsche service history. Loads of electrical gremlins like not recognising the key halfway through a journey and then refusing to start, power steering failed and had to be recovered back to dealer. Also had a complete engine rebuild after one of the bolts holding a camshaft in place sheared and destroying the pistons, conrods etc (although mine was the 4.8 V8 turbo). Window switches fell apart. All the parts from Porsche are astronomically priced.

Having said that it was an astonishing car to drive and very capable. Just don’t think you’ll be getting cheap motoring.
That's strange, looking over the youtube owner reviews seems the show the opposite which is a reliable car..
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

crossing wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:47 pm
GusA wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:38 pm I had a Cayenne and I’m afraid my experience was not good with huge running costs and terrible reliability. My car was a 2012 with 30k miles when I bought it and full Porsche service history. Loads of electrical gremlins like not recognising the key halfway through a journey and then refusing to start, power steering failed and had to be recovered back to dealer. Also had a complete engine rebuild after one of the bolts holding a camshaft in place sheared and destroying the pistons, conrods etc (although mine was the 4.8 V8 turbo). Window switches fell apart. All the parts from Porsche are astronomically priced.

That's strange, looking over the youtube owner reviews seems the show the opposite which is a reliable car..
Maybe I was unlucky but I did find out that the camshaft bolt was a common problem - so much that in some countries it was subject to a forced recall. The parts are very expensive and no one will disagree with that! Several changes were made to the cars for 2013 so maybe the newer ones are better?
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

get a push bike and safe the planet!!
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

crossing wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:00 pm Hello,

I need to decide which car to buy, both are quite the same price, actually I have found 2 cars with the same mileage , each one costs 20.000 EURO. The difference between them is the year (2012 Porsche Cayenne and 2016 F-Pace) and the tremendous extra futures that Cayenne has (air suspension with multiple settings, ventilated seats front and back, panorama, heated seats both front and back, heated steering wheel, WEBASTO with remote). Also the initial price of the Porsche was 120.0000 EURO , while the Jaguar I think it was max 60.000 EURO , the Jaguar F-Pace have as extras leather interior and heated sets. One downside of the Porsche is the local yearly tax which is 400 EURO for 3.0L Diesel engine. The F-Pace has 2.0 Diesel engine ( 30 EURO yearly tax).

What car should I buy ? The exterior of the F-Pace is clearly more modern but the interior seems more elegant on Cayenne and the extra features costed a fortune. Both cars are very well maintained. Its simply incredible how much money is lost with the Cayenne , 100.000 EURO in 8 years !
I would say neither of the above, try a Stelvio and you will change your mind.
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels
crossing

Post by crossing »

Diabolik wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:22 am
crossing wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:00 pm Hello,

I would say neither of the above, try a Stelvio and you will change your mind.
I can't fit my 20.000 euro budget on that car.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Both are nice cars, but aimed at completely different markets. You can get great deals on 2nd had cars but doesn't mean its a good deal. In my opinion the RRP price gives you a good indication of the running costs should things go wrong

You can get an ftype for £20k now, but I wouldn't say the average person who can afford a £20k car can necessarily afford to run it and maintain the jag.
A Bentley Continental at £14k (once about £150k) seems like a great deal - until you need a service and some discs / pads, then youve just spent about 25% of the cars value again...

Likewise with big Mercs / BMW's / Audi's etc - some of their flagship cars which were £100k+ new are now 10-15k, but they are priced this way for a reason - when things go wrong, its £££

Id be going for the Fpace personally, its 1 year out of warranty, 4 years newer tech & engineering, fraction of the running costs should anything go wrong

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post