MyJaguar website

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

Jaguar have introduced a new web service - MyJaguar https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/my-jaguar.html

Out of interest I logged in - you use your inControl account initially. It did pick up my F-type but with the wrong number plate - I fitted a personalised one straight after purchase. I changed the registration with the InControl people at the time of the swap but clearly Jaguar's internal databases don't communicate. What a surprise, usual useless systems integration. The people running MyJaguar demanded yet another copy of my V5 to correct it but as I'd already sent a copy months ago to the InControl group I saw no purpose in doing it twice and told them so. Too much information flying around uncontrolled. Silence back from them since and no fix. The two groups seem unable to communicate with each other. It's bad enough the online service record shows the wrong colour for the car. What are these people up to?

The site offers little of interest and seems basically to be yet another marketing tool, and a mechanism to extract more data from owners. It's still in Beta and functionality is not 100%. So why release it publicly?

A premium brand like Jaguar does itself no advantage by having such poor IT systems but I suppose this corporate attitude is reflected in the weak in car systems as well - a corporate mindset stuck in hardware. Let's hope the new French boss puts to the IT side to the forefront of his change plan and gets someone competent in to up their game in this area. Preferably hand it all over to Apple. Come to that, sell the company to Apple, would be pocket money for Cupertino and might mean we finally get IT systems that work, especially navigation, without having to plug in the phone.

scm

Post by scm »

Millwheel wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:28 amPreferably hand it all over to Apple. Come to that, sell the company to Apple, would be pocket money for Cupertino and might mean we finally get IT systems that work, especially navigation, without having to plug in the phone.
Ah, the last nail in the coffin. But I guess it's a good plan if you want Jaguars to be even more expensive, and need to be replaced every year rather than be repaired .... Oh, and be built with Chinese slave labour in appalling conditions .... :o
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

I've been using Apple gear since the Apple II, currently have seven items, business all Apple, writing this on a seven year old iMac that has never given any trouble, I only replace kit when it is no longer software supported. Recently sold a twenty year old G4 iMac that still worked perfectly. Like the cars, if you don't abuse the equipment it's surprising how long stuff will last. If you can't help dropping the phones get an Otterbox case, makes them very tough indeed. Only had 5 Jaguars and just one at the moment, some reliable, some less so. Having seen the disinterested workers on the Castle Bromwich production line I doubt they have any more enthusiasm than Foxconn. Comparing the Apple Genius bar to a Jaguar main dealer is however, pretty pointless. Maybe that is one Apple resource Jaguar could usefully copy now.