top gear

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

what do people think of the latest trio in top gear? i must say i think they now have got it right with paddy ,freddie and chris but it took a while.... afterwards i fired up prime and watched an episode of gt series 3 and it seemed rather stale in comparison.
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

It’s taken a while but I do like the new trio now, they have a good chemistry with each other.
chicb

Post by chicb »

Too much trying to be funny, not much about cars. Felt like switching off but thought it could not get worse, but it did. I would rather the cameras went round the cars in the studio car park as there looked like some really nice cars there
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

It was funny. I don’t think it’s a car show anymore, they could review a few more attainable cars. The Ferrari is great, but not an everyday car. Good escapism though.

I don’t crave the William Woollard and Angela Ripon days, but something in between perhaps.
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

i was disappointed in the 3 presenters, acting like stupid little boys so switched over.
davidd

Post by davidd »

I have a lot of time for Chris Harris and Freddy Flintoff, Paddy McGuiness is trying a bit to hard although that's probably why they got him in. Hopefully he will calm down a bit or move on.

The fact is though, it is an entertainment show not a factual car show.
scm

Post by scm »

It's Love Island with cars! That's only a guess, I don't watch either .... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

As others stated, not a car show. I watched all of it by pure chance as tv came on to BBC1 and surfed my iPad at the same time to fill in the bland parts.
No change really 3 guys trying to be funny around a car theme, Works well enough for some entertainment, but the challenges become more contrived. Clearly a winning format though

That said I couldn't watch a show ranking the current offerings of Ford & Vauxhall
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

GARETH wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:30 am It was funny. I don’t think it’s a car show anymore, they could review a few more attainable cars. The Ferrari is great, but not an everyday car. Good escapism though.

I don’t crave the William Woollard and Angela Ripon days, but something in between perhaps.
to be fair the last few series of top gear with clarkson ,may ect was not much different...more about the challenges than anything else and the grand tour is just more of the same.

a bit more informative car type content wouldn't go amiss!
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Top Gear as an entertainment show I like it. Its not something I would specifically stay in to watch for an hour but cabbaged on the sofa on a Sunday its an hours easy watching relaxing entertainment. Chris Harris' car enthusiasm deserves some proper car reviews IMO.

I prefer Grand Tour for the extra long specials like Mongolia and the African beach buggy adventures which I would happily watch again and again.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black