Union Flag registration plates

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

When it became clear that we were leaving the EU, I decided to take my EU plates off and replace them with plates that showed the union flag, which is entirely legal. Now when I travel around, I notice nearly everybody has taken their EU plates off but I appear to be almost alone among thousands of other cars In having decided to use the union flag. I appreciate it’s a case of each to his/her own, but I’m just surprised that I’m in such a minority it seems. Has anybody else noticed this?
BRG V6 with 20 inch alloys and the Exhaust switch!

Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

Blame it on the Channel, though that seems more porous than it used to be. We are a fairly insular lot I think with little tradition of flying the national flag, unlike the French, Dutch and others on the Continent who wave the ensign on every and any occasion. I have to say I like to keep my number plate clear of all the stuff not mandated by law.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I haven’t noticed any change, but personally I don’t clutter plates with extra ‘badges’
Sadly I also feel anything that sets my car as nation specific could be a red flag to some individuals. I don’t need that risk on the road or where I park.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I've got blank plates and just use the stickers when needed. IE these:
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I used those GB stickers with an EU flag for driving to Italy, but as the size will now be too small to be legal for a non-EU country I would tend to keep it blank too and maybe buy a magnetic plate if I ever venture abroad again, although that's unlikely to be any time soon I feel.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

From gov UK site, as of 2021...

GB stickers and number plates
Display a Great Britain (GB) sticker on the rear of the vehicle and trailer, even if the vehicle has a number plate with the Euro symbol or a GB national identifier.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yep, that's it.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

Good range of replies! I think the UK flag looks good on the plate. I had mine done at Halfords so it’s not a boutique extra. I get that there are a range reasonable reasons not to show them, I’m just really surprised how few you see. I can’t get out of the habit of looking now (I’ll get over it!) but you can drive for a hundred miles and not see one.
BRG V6 with 20 inch alloys and the Exhaust switch!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post