Jaguar in the News

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Fez

Post by Fez »

Interesting comments, hopefully I have a few tyre changes before I depart this world. My F type will be left to my son's. If my father had own a E type and left to me I would of been delighted. However he can keep his imported Japanese contraption!!😃
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:08 pm Bolloré is a frog with a mission. Renault made a loss of 141 million in 2019, he was kicked out after that. He worked on a joint venture with Dong Feng, a Chinese EV producer. The XJ was badly needed to reduce to overall carbon footprint of JLR now the I-Pace sales are sluggish. They are still bound to the EU regulations and a massive fine is due if nothing happens.

Getting Bolloré into JLR is like buying a Trojan horse without checking its content. The man has a multilayered agenda and we will only know when its too late.

The XJ-platform was to be used for XE / XF / XJ replacements and the new I-Pace. There were over a thousand pre-orders in China only. Why write of a billion investment if the product is on the brink of introduction ?

Something smells bad here, and I guess it tastes French also. Hopefully the board wakes up and kicks him out before its too late.
I read elsewhere that the new XJ platform is to be used for some new Landrover products and if he wanted to sell off Jaguar and just keep Landrover then the purchaser would have intellectual property rights which could cause problems. Getting rid of the new XJ and any other Jaguar products that share Landrover underpinnings first paves the way for splitting the company. Not my views and it’s a stretch of an opinion but who knows?
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

GusA wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:08 pm I read elsewhere that the new XJ platform is to be used for some new Landrover products and if he wanted to sell off Jaguar and just keep Landrover then the purchaser would have intellectual property rights which could cause problems. Getting rid of the new XJ and any other Jaguar products that share Landrover underpinnings first paves the way for splitting the company. Not my views and it’s a stretch of an opinion but who knows?
Exactly. Anything is possible. Both company's traded hands multiple times. Who knows its joined with Aston Martin as a brand.. ;)

New brand logo " JAM " ... :lol: .. ... "We're in a JAM" , if you brake down.. :oops:

Would mean a heck of a lot of AM's demo's to be delivered to glass & marble JLR palaces.. ..triples 2019 sales.. :mrgreen:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post