Jaguar to stop competing with BMW the other Germans

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

santoshlv426 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:12 pm I too lived in Australia and saw the opposite. With their "tall poppy" syndrome, I saw very few German cars. In Perth it was almost non existent. Bit more in Sydney. that market is dominated by the Holden Commodore and Toyota Aurion, the latter of which is a great car.
I think in the 2 years I was there I saw 1 Jaguar XF in PErth !
Not sure when that was, and also I am on the other side of the country in Melbourne, but BMW and Mercedes are everywhere here, especially now there is no local manufacture at all. Yes the Japanese brands still dominate the market for cars below the luxury tax threshold, but once you get above $50,000 and into the $100,000 and above, the market here is German dominated. My sons school is reasonably expensive and when I queue to pick him up it is wall to wall BMW and Porsche 4WDs, a few Range Rovers, some Mercedes saloons, the occasional Maserati and me in my lone Jag. The market here will always be dominated by Japanese cars while Luxury Car Tax exists, but in areas where more professionals and executives live there is a clear dominance of German marques that won’t be broken without a real plan. But it is likely that the Aussie market will never be big enough to warrant a real push, it will only come off the back of winning share elsewhere.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Just as a comparison in Australia Luxury Vehicle sales are on the rise, probably as no-one can go on holiday anywhere.

In April the Sales of new cars were:
Jaguar 94 (I was one of 4 F-Types sold)
Land Rover 64
Audi 1281
BMW 2153
Mercedes 2151
Porsche 354

Jaguar Breakdown
Jaguar E-Pace – 22
Jaguar F-Pace – 46
Jaguar F-Type – 4
Jaguar I-Pace – 1
Jaguar XE – 11
Jaguar XF – 10
Jaguar XJ – 0
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

I was in Australia 2007-2010 and then again for a holiday in 2015.
There's more luxury cars on the east coast for sure
But it's probably changed now with Holden ceasing production in 2017.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post