How beautiful is the new Lotus Emira?

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
basher

Post by basher »

Just spent an hour watching some YouTube videos... I might be thinking of "cheating" on my cat! 😉😏
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Ooooh niiiice 😎

I wish I hadn’t seen that - damn! 😂
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 2987

Post by Deleted User 2987 »

Does look very nice, be interesting to see first hand, I've always loved Lotus cars, but when I discovered how hard it was to get in/out the Elise, I never considered one.
This does look like it could be a big step up from the Elise though with regards to be able to use it as a daily rather than a only weekend toy. The pricing is a bit vague at the moment, they're saying from under £60k, so seems a bit of a bargain, but I wonder how much the V6 will be, as it get's less tempting if it's V8 F-Type sort of money or more.
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

Looks immense and based on the outgoing Evora and I loved mine. The interior was the biggest issue and if they have addressed that then superb. It certainly looks like a nice cabin. 400hp is disappointing and I bet the car with the v6 which will likely be the more powerful car will be closer to 80k when optioned up. There is definitely scope to improve the power. Also, the gearbox was a bit of a pig as well so I hope they improved that.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

basher wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:10 pm Just spent an hour watching some YouTube videos... I might be thinking of "cheating" on my cat! 😉😏

:lol: Did exactly the same, if only there was a roadster version….
scm

Post by scm »

Do you really want to give up Jaguar reliability? ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Yes saw it in the news yesterday, would have certainly considered it if it was a few months earlier.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

It’s very “ super car esk “ , however I feel the rear haunches, sloping roof line and gloss black side sills
are a direct copy from the F type coupe. The proportions are not as nice as well, with a rather hooked nosed short bonnet.
The engines are not new, the 2ltr is out of the merc’s hot hatch , and the V6 is a Toyota, mind you it’s a looker and nice car starting at approx 60k, but the V6
With toys is bound to be up nearer the 80K price range, thus entering the P450 V8 price. I know which one I’d have that higher end price😉
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Looks are 'ok'. Am trying not to be told that what to think by the reviewers. Sides look a bit busy and overall not massively new or different. But yep, ok. Perhaps a grey/metallic one would be even more ok.

As for perfromance wouold need to drive it.

As somebody said, the £60k min price might turn out to not exist when you count options and whatever turns out to be the best engine.
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

manual v6 would be the way to go to my mind, not a farty AMG turbo. To that end would be an interesting drive, a few people from the XKR forum (US based) had the Evora and spoke highly of them
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post