Why am I harassed by BMW’s

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

I’ve just returned from a 166 mile staycation. I’ve been goaded by three different BMW drivers.
1) a driver in a new (71) plate BMW i3 ( ever~ready powered thing), right up my rear for ten miles, lurching and thinking his king, luckily he pulled of my route before I hit sport + dynamic on paddle shift.
2) a BMW 118i :roll: on a single carriage way in front of me, approaching a small dual carriage way ( over taking stretch) , I go to overtake and he floors his car🤷‍♂️, W⚓️, so I show him who’s KING!
3) a clapped out M3 tried it on at the lights,
I’m in the baby F type, Muck fee, I left him for dead.
You just now you’re bought the right car, don’t you😉
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE

CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

They (Germans) probably thought you were French!!
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

🤣🤣🤣, they are certainly not “ German” driving those, and to declare that I’m French, well How very dare you😲😂😂
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Sometimes this happens to me. An old Astra 1.6 "had" me the other day from the lights in full wheel spin away mode and an M-Sport 118i just had to get past on the A52 towards Grantham.

I let them go and just have a chuckle to myself. I can't be bothered with it all. The folks who appreciate them will want a rev or quick blast of throttle and a thumbs up.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
V8esp

Post by V8esp »

I've have the same issues too, never had a car that attracts so many boy racers wanting to have a go!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Any quad-pipe VW, Audi or BMW has to demonstrate their ‘pops & bangs’.

Surprisingly a red F-Type P300 is the only car that aggressively tried to race me. I came off the A52 Bingham & onto the A46 slip road, he tried to overtake me obviously thinking I was ‘just a V6’. Think his face ended up as red as his car 😄

Generally I just pootle along & let the boy racers get on with it. The F-Type does attract them.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

If you have quad pipes you tend to be left alone to pootle along. Only one silly boy in an old C63 tried dangerously accelerating while I was overtaking, these Rs really take off when you floor it!
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The 'I want to race' usually fall into two groups. First there's the utterly ridiculous ones, usually driving a diesel Seat or VW Passat. One of those types was tailgating and determined to overtake me Just before some sharp S bends once. When we got into the bend he was all over the place, nearly in the hedge! I had to pass him on the next straight as he had slowed considerably and was probably concentrating on wiping his trousers. He sulked a long way behind after that 🙄

Then there's the sporty versions of ordinary looking cars BMWs etc, where they feel the need to prove its not the ordinary model. A couple of weeks ago a BMW 340d decided to have a go. Really? 🤣

Properly nice fast stuff never bothers.

Jaguars should remain superior and aloof. After all it is a cat and cats do what they want, not what others would like.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

Great hearing all your “ have a go stories”
As Mick commented, they mainly don’t take on a F type as they know the outcome. :lol:
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

The only car that has ever 'had a go' was a Tesla S. I wasn't paying any attention to what cars were on the inside lane, I just noticed they were all slow off the roundabout, so I moved to the outside lane to overtake them. As I got alongside the Tesla the driver must have wanted to have a bit of fun and sped off. I was in no mood to play silly games with other drivers so I just let them do their thing - they kept slowing down, baiting me to try and overtake again, presumably just to show what electric was capable of. I just dropped right back, muttered something unmentionable under my breath (only because their stupid antics had prevented me overtaking a lorry, which we were now both stuck behind) and left them to it. Other than that I get left alone.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)