Why am I harassed by BMW’s

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Often find people let me out at junctions more to be fair, but I generally tootle about around speed limits in everyday use, I do get a fair number of idiots up my backside (yes they are often in BMW or Audi :Yawn) suggesting I should be going faster 'cause its a sports car and trying to overtake... if i'm in no hurry i'll just play the closer you get the slower I go... after all i'm the one with the gorgeous rear end, and certainly don't want you touching it! :lol: 9 times out of 10 if they do overtake, they just get stuck behind the lorry further up ahead anyway :roll: still i'm sure they feel better for overtaking a Jag ;)
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

Natben

Post by Natben »

Ive not long had my F-Type and I am experiencing the same thing. Audi drivers seem the worse and Tesla owners in my area. Scotland.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Philskill wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:08 pm Often find people let me out at junctions more to be fair, but I generally tootle about around speed limits in everyday use, I do get a fair number of idiots up my backside (yes they are often in BMW or Audi :Yawn) suggesting I should be going faster 'cause its a sports car and trying to overtake... if i'm in no hurry i'll just play the closer you get the slower I go... after all i'm the one with the gorgeous rear end, and certainly don't want you touching it! :lol: 9 times out of 10 if they do overtake, they just get stuck behind the lorry further up ahead anyway :roll: still i'm sure they feel better for overtaking a Jag ;)
This tends to be my experience with drivers letting you out at junctions and the odd shouts from folk about how nice the car is
For sure the Audi's 1m behind in a line of traffic and the standard traffic light triers, but usually harmless if annoying
Way different to my BMW Z4 days it brought out the worst in everyone from diesel drivers 'having a go' to 'no way are you coming out of that junction'

Never really take anyone on these days. Too many sleeper cars around and many electrics can really get off the line quick
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

cj10jeeper wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:34 pm... electrics can really get off the line quick
There's a reason for that - they're so horrible inside that you have to reach your destination quickly and can get out sooner. :lol:
In a Jaguar you can travel slower and enjoy being in such a nice place. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

scm wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:41 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:34 pm... electrics can really get off the line quick
There's a reason for that - they're so horrible inside that you have to reach your destination quickly and can get out sooner. :lol:
In a Jaguar you can travel slower and enjoy being in such a nice place. ;)
Haha - agree - such soulless places to be. Cannot help but admire the tech and the torque that can come out of a a couple of motors
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Had to laugh the other day, played leap frog a few times with a van on the A1M, not on purpose, just the way the traffic flowed and gaps appeared. We both exited on the same dual lane slip road and I passed him on the right and caught the roundabout perfectly to go left on the short dual carriageway. At the end of this dual carriageway was another roundabout and he chased along behind me and pulled alongside as we came to a stop. I heard shouting and expected some choice comment but he shouted "Oi mate, did you know you've got a union jack on the underside of your spoiler". I said yes, I know, I stuck it there, brilliant he said and off we both went.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts