An American in the UK

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Very nice car Phil , i looked at them before deciding on the F type it was close

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

PhilB wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 pm I still have to do "Dad's Taxi" so 4 seats are sometimes needed.
Plus I wanted a big boot with folding rear seats.
A V8 has been on my bucket list for some time.

Unlike some German marques these zorsts are real and are variable depending on the drive mode.
Yes, it can be very loud even in "normal" mode.

Nice inside with a digital dash and the modes button which if you get the wrong one at the wrong time you may well die.

It seems the Americans actually now know which tyres to fit OEM:

Plus some six pot Brembos on the front end:

The V8 Ford Coyote engine which for the UK is 450PS or about 444 bhp in real money.

That’s one heck of a Taxi you have there......very nice!

I must admit, the Mustang was on my shortlist when I was last hunting for a car but I went for the F-Type.

Out of curiosity, did you consider the F-Type?

Sounds like you'll have to be extra careful with the modes button.......don't want to be dying just yet!

Those Michelin PS4S tyres stick like s*** to a blanket......good choice by the Americans!

My brother-in-law has a fairly new (2020) Mustang Bullitt and it’s a real beefcake. The exhaust note is frightening!

Hope you’ve got understanding neighbours! :P
Last edited by RPSN on Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Not a great fan of American cars, but does look very good and having heard one that is nearby where I live they do make a noise in a good way.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Lunar wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:07 pm Nice one Phil 😎
Now you just need to balance your wallet against that line-lock function you must be itching to have a go at just once 😉
Having seen the price of PS4S's that just isn't going to happen.......... :D

Thanks for the kind words.
To answer a couple of points. yes. I did consider an F-Type but as I said I need 4 seats quite often and the price of even a used say P450 is just way too much.
As regards waking the neighbours, in the menu you can set it for a quiet start between times you can set up to your choice.
As it's a manual one feature that it does have is "rev-matching".
Changing down it recognises the revs needed for the lower gear and you get a blip of the throttle.
Kind of an auto heel and toe which appeals to my inner child and saves on clutch wear too.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

When I last renewed my rear Michelin PS4S tyres, I found a good deal with https://www.blackcircles.com/ and had them fitted locally. That was in January 2020 and I’ve done approx 5000 miles since then (including some spirited driving). Plenty of tread still left on them.

Hope you’ve got some extra security on your car which is highly visible e.g. a good steering wheel lock etc. I recently installed CCTV overlooking where my car is parked on the driveway which is also off-putting to a potential thief.

Enjoy the beast! :)
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

RPSN wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:39 am Hope you’ve got some extra security on your car which is highly visible e.g. a good steering wheel lock etc. I recently installed CCTV overlooking where my car is parked on the driveway which is also off-putting to a potential thief.

Enjoy the beast! :)
It's garaged overnight with a disklok.
Then it's got a Thatcham Cat S5+ additional immobiliser.
If they do steal it at say knifepoint then they will have a shock when it's remotely killed by the tracking centre.

Funny you say "beast".
I have a login with Ford UK for all the bumf like software and nav updates (done on a memory stick so no OTA stuff) and you have to name the car for it's profile.
In consultation with my 16 year-old daughter it's called "Thug".
:D
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Plenty of vehicle security there then!

I like it........"Thug" is a very appropriate name for the Mustang! :twisted:
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Mikeyf

Post by Mikeyf »

Mustang was on my short list of 2 too! Looks great 👍
MY2015 V8 R Coupe
Metallic Black with Black Pack, Black Wheels, Black Leather & Black Callipers.
Debadged apart from black leaper.
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

All ways been a favourite of mine that and the Dodge charger, it looks the business and they sound great. Enjoy the school run. 👌
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Enjoy Phil

Looked at one on a stand at the Goodwood FOS a while back, very tempting but the dream was the F-Type.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.