APK download

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
nickraine

Post by nickraine »

Morning all,
I'm after a bit of help!!! I have recently purchased a 2017 Ftype....and im loving it! It didnt have apple carplay so i bought one of the dongles that can retrofit it. However, I'm failing at step one, which is asking me to install APK. I've downloaded the installer onto a USB dongle and plugged it into the car, but I cant work out how you then install? Any help would be massively apporeciated.
Thanks

Nick

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I thought APK was for Android installation.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
nickraine

Post by nickraine »

does both phil
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Really curious to know what you have bought and how it will give you CarPlay. I have a 2017 model and have UAD device for CarPlay.
Just curious as to what system you are trying to install.
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

As said, exactly what did you buy and are you trying to install? As far as I know you can't add carplay to the system of a 17 car with a mere software update through USB. Unless there's something new magical out there, you have to add hardware to the car like the UAD kit to get carplay.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...