Garage rental / car storage

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

I'd like to get a additional car in the summer, perhaps an old Lotus or Caterham.

But I don't have a garage for it. I think definately need one in the case of a Caterham otherwise somebody might just come and take bits off it !

I have searched online expecting there to be a thriving market of nearby people with garage space for cheap rent. But found nothing.

Has anybody found any sort of solution for this, other than moving house for the sake of having somewhere to park another car ?

Kent based.

stevejag

Post by stevejag »

If you have room i would put a concrete pad down and get a small wooden garage which comes in sections. Problem of renting a garage is distance , hassle and cost !https://www.powertoolsdirect.com/clarke ... BkEALw_wcB
This is a much cheaper alternative to a perminent garage and no concrete needed , and it will protect your pride and joy , a friend in our village has one for his classic tractor .
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

It's a good suggestion, but wouldn't suit the surroundings to put up that small wooden garage where my parking spaces are.

And any decision I took to do it would be vetoed...
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

faced with the same dilemma…..but after a lot of thought and no luck finding anything to buy or rent a point dawned on me… would i like to leave my car in a garage or lock up in a block 3 miles from my house where anyone could break in and i wouldnt be aware of it till i went there and no car !
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I have a rented unit on a local farm where I keep my Jeeps. It's cheap, has light and power, ready access to heavy farm machinery (lifts, welding, etc.) is highly secure and off the beaten track. Been using it for well over 10 years and with space for 4 vehicles is ideal for hobby cars

Might be worth asking around as lots of farms make extra use of buildings outside farming to supplement income
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more