458 F Type and now the Masterati MC 20 !

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

There are three cars I want to own before I die, the F Type (got it), 458 (maybe) and now the Maserati MC 20.
It's gorgeous.

And because I'm biased to the beautiful F Type, I simply cannot help draw parallels with the MC 20's design and the MY15-18 F type.

The front air dam (grill) resembles the MY15's gaping grill.
The "J" lights of the MC 20 look like the MY18's J lights. Even the shape of the light cluster is like the F Type
And viewing the rear from above, the shape of the rear glass and the side haunches are like the F Type, although this is probably a common feature to most sports cars.

Pity it's only a V6, I would have though it would be a V8 or V10.
Anyway, appreciate these beautiful machines while they're here.

The MC 20 and Ferrari Daytona, F8 etc. is probably Marenello's swansong to the ICE.

https://www.maserati.com/international/en/models/mc20
If you do visit the website - do the "Hold down the spacebar" thing and keep it down and make sure your PC has a decent set of speakers. It's a real treat.

04-desktop.jpg

F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

I saw the MC20 up close at a local car show the other weekend. Amazing looking car. Needless to say I spent a fair while ogling it from all angles. :P

Good points about the similar design elements. Just further proof of how accomplished the F-Type design is. I think I saw that the new Toyota GT86 also got a front that looks pretty much like the F-Type's.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

I just realized why I like the MC 20 so much, it's the same as the CX -75 !

It's clearly a hit, and Jaguar once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, handing over the idea to another company that did make it a reality !
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

stevejag

Post by stevejag »

There are quite a few must have ferraris , trouble is they are expensive and not practical so have pretty well put them way back on my wish list . Have tended to look at cars that are raw and handle well but have room for a soft case !
1, F type
2. morgan
3 Caterham - ok little room for case but an sv is possibly a close fit
4. Lotus Exige - again not massively practical but love them and financially affordable
5. 911 , early water cooled .

Anyone else have a list of cars to be either owned or driven before one has keys taken away !
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
basher

Post by basher »

For me, it's a 458... but way too expensive & impractical.

Or maybe the new Lotus Emira. Yet to see one in the flesh.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

The MC20 looked fantastic right up until I saw how the doors open, but that’s just too showy for me.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

For me, the MC 20 is definitely on my list. I quite like the doors. I can't understand though why Maserati is using a V6, instead of V8 in such a showcar. It's deserving of a V8 like the Jaguar X220 was deserving of it's V 12 (it got a V6 !).

Ferraris are way too expensive and I think it's price international pegging. The demand can't be THAT high
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

458 prices are on the way up at the moment it seems, more so the spider !
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Just saw that a lightly used MC20 is for sale near me. Anyone fancy going Italian? :P

https://intini.lu/occasion/?id=18295
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
kevc

Post by kevc »

There seems to be a suspicion that the MC20 isn't very good. They haven't given any cars out for press review, there are no youtuber vlogger drives, nothing. That doesn't seem like the way to go if the car was amazing and you needed the sales.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post