JLR all electric by 2025

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

I'm not looking forward electrification, but seems necessary depending on your viewpoint, and is coming whether we like it or not.

I'm also not a Guardian reader. But this in the link is already an actual thing, and and will be a game changer.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ging-times

When that is a availalbe on the forecourt I can't see many arguments left here... other than us wanting the sounds, smells and experience of combustion engines.

Fez

Post by Fez »

Electric will be here for a while, however will be overtaken by hydrogen fuel cells. Which you can top up like a petrol car in minutes. The only reason Electric has taken off is due to the marketing by tesla.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
scm

Post by scm »

Fez wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:42 pm Electric will be here for a while, however will be overtaken by hydrogen fuel cells. Which you can top up like a petrol car in minutes. The only reason Electric has taken off is due to the marketing by tesla.
Yeah, and we have a never-ending supply of precious metals for the batteries. If only hydrogen was the most abundant element in the universe, then things would be different! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

The precious metals needed are mainly from China with some in Australia and a few other spots (Afghanistan I believe has a deposit). Not sure I would want to set up manufacturing dependent on that supply chain these days.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

That article is 10 months old?

and 10 months on still haven't heard anything

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post