max verstappens 2022 f1 car

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

It was a good season one of the best to be fair, Yes the teams have always bitched and moaned about the decisions made, you just never got to see it, but it adds to the drama.

A little surprising Lewis did not have to hand the place back at the start, but Max simply lunged down the inside and Lewis was forced off the track, Lewis could not back off any more he was already braking for the corner. Max should have been able to give him a cars space. Do that against some other drivers he'll be in the gravel or upside down.

Max just knew If he and Lewis Tangle, he wins. If the points advantage had been on the other foot, Lewis may well have been more aggressive.

The safety car thing was a little shocking, the trouble being they called no cars to overtake, then changed their minds. They should have let it go with the cars still behind as their first call indicated. In fact that whole let back markers go needs reviewing it makes Safety cars too long.

Well done to Max, but it feels a hollow victory for him, he was beaten on raw race pace.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

scm

Post by scm »

Philskill wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:02 amThe safety car thing was a little shocking, the trouble being they called no cars to overtake, then changed their minds. They should have let it go with the cars still behind as their first call indicated. In fact that whole let back markers go needs reviewing it makes Safety cars too long.
The issue really was that they only allowed the lapped cars between Lewis and Max to go, the ones between Max and Carlos were kept there. Carlos should have been third on the road at the restart so could have had a go at Max on the final lap - why should Max have the benefit of closing the gap during a safety car when Carlos wasn't? Dreadful situation.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Yes indeed, they should have let all of them go, or none.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
scm

Post by scm »

Of course, if they'd let them all go, the safety car wouldn't have come until after the race, which presumably is why Masi went for that rule-bending halfway house.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I was wondering why they retired Perez with nothing appartently wrong with the car and wondered if they did that because there were more back markers between him and Max which would of held the restart up....?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

re. Perez I read that his car had supposedly been low on fuel, a tactic from Red Bull to make his car more of a rocket-ship to help Max.

As for the way the race finished, it was beyond farcical and, quite honestly, embarrassing to watch. The FIA had a few options at their disposal but instead of taking a sensible path, they chose the "let's create some drama" route, in the heat of the moment and no doubt under huge pressure from both Red Bull and Mercedes. Whatever way they went, it was going to be an ignominious end to what has apparently been quite the season (I lost most of my interest in F1 when every race stopped being broadcast live).
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

A real shame to end a season on a fabricated result out of the last lap showdown, which is clearly designed around the 'let them race' approach and max tv audiences.
Lewis had clearly driven the better race and was at every opportunity controlling and managing the gaps. RB had some good strategy of tyre changes given all was lost aside a gift from the gods
A hollow victory that reduces the credibility of the sport

Masi and the FIA need to take a long hard look over the Winter at the rule book, not just on loose and inconsistent interpretations, but the fairness of racing Vs TV audience amusement and the control of aggressive 'yield or crash' approach by Max
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

so it seems that Mercedes have backed out of the appeal (if you excuse the pun) either because they had no chance of overturning the result or for the good of the sport…… id like to think it was for the latter…. however maybe max should change his name to…… im not verstoppin for nothing !….

i thank you !
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

They can't sack Masi yet without overturning or nullifying the race result. I suspect when the dust settles he will 'resign'.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
jaysjag

Post by jaysjag »

Think the legalities are far from over because the drivers/teams that had un lapped cars between them will have thair overall standings in the season affected, thus making a difference where they ended up in the constructors championship and how much money they would have been entitled to! Total sham. At the end of the day we know who the true champ was.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post