Plasfloor PVC Garage Floor Tiles

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Hi and Happy New Year to you all,

Has anyone had any experience with Plasfloor garage floor tiles or able to recommend other PVC tiles that can withstand jacking etc?

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Hi Gus and Happy new year

I have MotoTile in my garage, fitted myself.

If you Jack direct on the tile, it does cause a depression, but it reverts after a few hours. Generally I still use a piece of hardwood under the front wheels of the Hydraulic Jack.

20191103_143942 (3).jpg

MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Also if I did again I would not use the light colours. And tyres do leave a stain where left standing.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Interesting thread which I'll follow closely :D

Have a fairly large (6m x 6m) garage. Painted the floor and during the Summer and despite doing everything technically correct, hot tyres started to lift the coating where the F Type parks.
Now considering tiling myself, if cost effective, resistant to jacking, won't lift and can be kept clean
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

I have flex tec tiles in my garage, placed on top of an old but level tile floor.
Jacking is not an issue, after a while it returns to normal.
I had an oldtimer in the garage before which sometimes sat for 9-10 months, where the tires were, there is a permanent deformation.
No streaks from rubber so far. (8years)

My main gripe with these tiles is moist. It does get underneath the floor (my F-type is daily driven so avoiding rain is impossible). The water partly evaporates, but where it puddles on the floor and if it's near a seam it goes in between the floor and tiles which dries very slowly.
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Yes I looked at 2 part garage paints, but decided on Tile after getting some samples from MotoTile, they were very helpful. and do have sales

Sharp edges are the enemy of PVC tiles. you can cut and scratch them easily, otherwise very hardwearing and clean easily with a mop.

As SOLDES says, water does get between them, and dries slowly, I sometimes get dried salt stains around the jigsaw joins from road salts, not ideal for a car used in all conditions probably.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Interesting point on the water and penetration under the tiles..
Something to consider as I tend to remote deactivate the home and garage alarm, open the garage remotely and drive straight in
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

These tiles are not that cheap either. I'm considering ripping them out and go for a resin cast floor.
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Thanks for the replies so far, my garage floor is currently covered with a two-part resin coating which I did myself. It’s been 4 years now and it’s pretty much undamaged so a very good method and looks great still. However, the floor gets very cold and when I open the door and moist air gets in a lot of condensation forms on the floor making it extremely slippery. I am thinking of PVC tiles over the resin floor to stop this condensation forming. I also wants to be able to bring a wet car in without worrying. Plasfloor say that their tiles won’t let water through so I was hoping someone had used these tiles. They seem to be much smaller than others (20cm x 20cm) but still cheaper per m2. They also claim that using jacks or axle stands etc won’t damage them…
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I use discarded carpet, which doesn't look pretty but great for kneeling to work on things. I've heard carpet tiles are a good option.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post