speed

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
scm

Post by scm »

Best one I saw was when I worked in Crawley - someone had gone straight on at one of the (many) roundabouts on the old A23. Trouble was, that particular roundabout was a big one with a 10 foot high mound in the middle, and he ended up at the top!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

When my grandfather was learning to drive back in the 40's, regulations were pretty vague as I understand it.
History has it that he got a license easily (no test?) and on his first outing managed to drive straight acros the first round-about ever constructed in the UK.
I think he kind of gave up driving after that but it did not stop him sitting in as a "qualified" driver when my other grandfather decided to get a learner permit in the 1950's.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

[quote=scm post_id=61614 time=1642774909 user_id=1834]
Best one I saw was when I worked in Crawley - someone had gone straight on at one of the (many) roundabouts on the old A23. Trouble was, that particular roundabout was a big one with a 10 foot high mound in the middle, and he ended up at the top!
[/quote]

Ha ha :lol:
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

[quote=CJSJAG post_id=61616 time=1642775476 user_id=3270]
When my grandfather was learning to drive back in the 40's, regulations were pretty vague as I understand it.
History has it that he got a license easily (no test?) and on his first outing managed to drive straight acros the first round-about ever constructed in the UK.
I think he kind of gave up driving after that but it did not stop him sitting in as a "qualified" driver when my other grandfather decided to get a learner permit in the 1950's.
[/quote]

them were the days lol a geezer used to walk in front with a red flag , so i am told :oops:
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Speaking of getting licenses easily... In Belgium you got a driver's license without any practical test whatsoever up until 1977. It's been a while now but us in the surrounding countries think it still affects how some Belgians drive (no offence to any Belgian members!. :D
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Speed isn't dangerous, it's inappropriate speed that is.

You can be doing 40mph in a 30-limit, in the depths of winter, through a village with narrow paths and pedestrians on the road, which I would argue is FAR more dangerous than, say, doing 120mph on a deserted dual-carriageway in clear, dry conditions, but you know who the judge would throw the book hardest at ;)
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post