price of fuel

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

Yes but the cars that will be on the roads will be Toyota hybrids all doing 20mph everywhere because the drivers are concentrating on the electric gauges instead of the road.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I have today looked at a Tesla Model 3 Performance. With second hand prices so high and fuel expensive I'm considering it (don't judge me). £100 to place an order with an eta for delivery by end of May.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

i don't think you will be alone in thinking along those lines. Especially if you do a lot of miles each year.
Personally though i couldn't live with parting with a lot of money for a car that to me didn't look and sound good , but then again i buy my vehicles for fun rather than essentials as i have a lot of spare time.
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

If you've got deep pockets, and off-street parking, then it might be worth investing in solar panels with battery storage, and use that stored energy to charge the car up overnight. If electricity prices keep shooting up, then it's probably not going to be long before electric cars cost the same to run as a petrol car was costing a year ago.

I was out earlier and I was quite surprised at the price disparity now between petrol and diesel. Of the 2 garages in my local town, Tesco had a 10p difference between the two, whilst the Texaco garage was charging a whopping 14p more for diesel than petrol.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
V8esp

Post by V8esp »

The Gov will need to gather their taxes from somewhere, so I can see electric charging prices will start to increase once they have a captive audience.
Even though the Tesla's are quick, I'm in no rush to swap my combustion engine experience for a fast milk float 😉
BillMcM

Post by BillMcM »

Does anyone use premium unleaded or is it okay to use normal unleaded?
just waiting for F Type to arrive in 2 weeks
jonm

Post by jonm »

I use premium as its got less ethenol in it, but I don't do many miles so the fuel sits in the tank for quite a while, ethenol be hygroscopic and corrisive I don't really want that in my jag.
I use esso supreme+ 99 as it has zero ethenol in it (in my part of the country).

If your doing lots of miles and getting through the fuel quite quickly its probably ok to use normal.
My16 F-Type V6 340
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Normal is fine. The benefit of running 'super' is that it will be E5 at most (haven't checked their site in a while, but Esso stated that their premium fuel had zero bio-ethanol, so was in effect E0, but by law has to be labelled E5). I'll be honest, given the relatively low number of miles I do in mine, I just stick premium fuel in most fill-ups.

EDIT: I got ninja'd!
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

stickshift steve wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:12 am Yes but the cars that will be on the roads will be Toyota hybrids all doing 20mph everywhere because the drivers are concentrating on the electric gauges instead of the road.
Not all of them , I drive my wife's Toyota hybrid and make sure the cobwebs are blown out of both exhausts and most of the time it is still doing 55 mpg , glad we have it but we will sell it in the summer and replace with completely electric but another make as they don't do a Rav4 electric . :roll: :roll:
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

For anyone near a Costco warehouse with fuel it is a lot cheaper than the rest of the market - premium 168p today, e10 155p The savings are such that you can get the Costco membership fee back in about five fills. It’s proper stuff as well with the necessary additives. And as a member you can get the £1.50 hotdogs which are the best value in town.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post