price of fuel

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Instead of the faff with octane booster why not just use Tesco 99 Momentum.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

[quote=Lunar post_id=63011 time=1646774508 user_id=1178]
Instead of the faff with octane booster why not just use Tesco 99 Momentum.
[/quote]

Don't know the price mate nearest one is 3 mile away but bet it's well up in price unless you can tell me otherwise
Deleted User 3572

Read of good reports of the diesel version of millers thought I would give it a go
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Lunar wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:21 pm Instead of the faff with octane booster why not just use Tesco 99 Momentum.

+1 for that.

Also, fuel additives such as Millers (which contains detergents) shouldn't be used in these cars.

Taken from https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/

“Do not use leaded fuels, fuel additives, or fuels with lead substitutes, e.g., manganese-based. Doing so may adversely affect the vehicle's exhaust emission control systems and the warranty coverage.”

“Fuel system cleaning agents should not be used, unless approved by the vehicle manufacturer. Inadequate cleaning agents may damage the fuel system.”

1.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Deleted User 3572

Cars not under warranty bud , my car my dough . Cash buyer no pcp or tic here , in saying that it has warranty on it used approved but your post reminds me of the usual jaguar speel ZiE get your car serviced by us etc a lot of tosh your forgetting I've owned 5 of these cars and every one has been only a year or two year old up till now reason why bough an older model , simple a pensioner now , don't need or want tic or HP otherwise I would have a bloody new one
Deleted User 3572

Also further point of view your post says millers has detergents in it , supermarket gunk don't that's why I put it in ask any mechanic they will tell use to use premium fuel from non supermarket s because it has detergents in it to keep the engine components and fuel systems clean , thought you were in the motor trade for over 30 years bet in sales :x
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:44 pm Cars not under warranty bud , my car my dough . Cash buyer no pcp or tic here , in saying that it has warranty on it used approved but your post reminds me of the usual jaguar speel ZiE get your car serviced by us etc a lot of tosh your forgetting I've owned 5 of these cars and every one has been only a year or two year old up till now reason why bough an older model , simple a pensioner now , don't need or want tic or HP otherwise I would have a bloody new one
Beltupandholdon wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:01 pm Also further point of view your post says millers has detergents in it , supermarket gunk don't that's why I put it in ask any mechanic they will tell use to use premium fuel from non supermarket s because it has detergents in it to keep the engine components and fuel systems clean , thought you were in the motor trade for over 30 years bet in sales :x

Yep....your car, your dough lol

Whether or not the car is under warranty, Jaguar advises against using fuel additives and fuel system cleaning agents (as you are using) unless approved by the vehicle manufacturer! I tend to listen to the manufacturer and not a DIY learner such as yourself ;)

Bought my car outright (cash) from the start....never had a loan for a vehicle and never will!

So you think that supermarket fuel such as Tesco Momentum 99 doesn’t contain any additives.....think again? Momentum 99 contains a special blend of additives that meets British Standards specification which helps keep the fuel system clean, working at its best, and helps engine performance. Additionally, the higher octane level (99 compared to 95 for regular unleaded petrol) gives improved overall engine performance for those cars (generally sportier models) that are able to take advantage, e.g. the Jaguar F-Type. I use it and the occasional tank full of Shell V-Power in my car.

Tesco E5, super grade fuel (Momentum 99) contains up to a maximum of 5 per cent ethanol.

Taken from https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/.....

“It is recommended to use a premium unleaded fuel, with a minimum octane rating of 95 RON to contribute to optimum performance, fuel economy and driveability." Also...."Fuels containing up to 10% ethanol (E5 and E10) may be used.”

In Motor Trade sales you say.....nah not for me, I prefer the technical stuff and getting my hands dirty!

Give us a shout if you need any advice on the F-Type :lol:

1.png

2.png

Last edited by RPSN on Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:59 pm ........ Second is Poland has just agreed to supply Ukraine with its full fleet of mig fighter planes 35 in total so this muppet putin is going to throw a tantrum all hands to the pumps shortly bet we could beat him as his so called invasion is having big problems , sorry mods don't mean to be political just stating a fact , you have to stand up to bully's :evil:
Well, it is political and I have mentioned this on another previous post of yours.
This is a car forum so politics can go elsewhere.
No more thank you.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

What’s happened? Thread was just warming up...
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Come on guys and girls, what's happened?
Multiple edited posts and Beltupandholdon has unbelted and let go!
What did I miss?

And fuel my way in the sticks is £176.9 ouch.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post