route napoleon trip to monaco …info needed !

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

im planning a road trip with my son in july down to Monaco taking in the route napoleon from Grenoble. from there to maranello and modena then back home to uk. ive been looking at you tube ect trying to get some clues as to a decent driving route taking some twisties and tunnels ect….
does anyone that has already done this have a route on google maps i can download or suggest?….. I've looked at plenty of stuff on tinternet but im not convinced im looking at the best roads to take….as this may well be a one off i want to get it right !
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

No routes as such but having taken a trip down to Tuscany I would recommend coming back over the Alps through Switzerland. The passes tend to open by June so timing would be good. You’d need to buy a motorway vignette but freely available at petrol stations etc.
I’d also recommend a stop off at Reims.
Put the main stops of your trip as favourites in the satnav (remember to select country first) and you can then just call them up one after the other 😉
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

vignette ! something ive learned already ! no doubt the result of taking back control 😂
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
Darren P

Post by Darren P »

Planning a trip to Tuscany in September via route napoleon and couple nights in Nice then round the coast into Italy and on to Montepulciano . Celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and managed to secure the villa we had for our wedding.

I have been researching and found Harry Metcalfs videos really informative. His u tube site is Harry’s Garage. He has multiple trips in various cars. His most recent was in his Ftype project 7.

So far we have planned.

Kent after work on Friday night take Tunnel then driving to Reims 3 hours.

Saturday 5-6 hours to Grenoble.

Sunday Route Napoleon 6-7 hours stopping in Nice for two days

Tuesday 6- 7 hours to Montepulciano stay for 4 nights

Saturday drive to Lugano swiss lake1 night stay 5-6hours

Sunday German autobahn blast to Baden Baden 2night stay

Tuesday 5-6 hours back to Uk

I would be really interesting to hear your plan and how you get on.

Another couple of pointers. I ordered a France toll tag via Euro tunnel. Now researching the Clean air sticker you need for Grenoble.
2017 F Type 340 Caldera Red
2020 I Pace
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Oh, and book your Eurotunnel ticket as a high vehicle - that way you stay on the bottom level and don’t have to risk your alloys going up the ramps with the unforgiving steel kerbs!
They’re used to people in nice cars doing this - and you can’t help but smile being the lowest high vehicle in the queue of camper vans 😂
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

Hotlurve wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:16 pm.... i want to get it right !
You could start by abbreviating "et cetera" correctly - it's "etc", not "ect". :evil:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MANTOT3

Post by MANTOT3 »

Have you looked at Harry's Garage road trip with the project 7.
Possibly some good information in part 2.
2016 SVR
Carbon Ceramic Brakes.
Homemade Barless front Grill.
And all the options on my wish list :twisted:
Previous: 2015 AWD R
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

yes i have seen the harrys garage video with the project 7 . i in fact had put a link to it on here some time ago and completely forgot about it so il revisit that, thanks for reminding me!
there is another chap called sam from “seen through glass” who drove an f type a lot ,this video here

this video shows a really nice road near monaco. and he has done a lot of road trips to that area.

i was kind of kind of unsure where to go from Grenoble ,i suppose that just putting in each town into google maps is the only way it would work so as not to end up on the boring route!
i have seen some companies that do driving holidays for supercars around that area they would definitely know the best roads to take…
anyway il keep searching to see if i can download a recommended route from someone that has done it before.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

My previous road trip here if that helps. Doesn't include Monaco but covers all the mountain passes.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2258&hilit=Switzerland

Obviously costs are out of date.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

thanks simple r … thats exactly what im looking for ! great help … il purchase a paper map harry metcalfe stylie as well as it does make things easier to visualise.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post