Photo spots/locations?

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

Hey all, does anyone have recommendations for locations that make for great photoshoot spots for cars? Mainly thinking about SE England but further out is good too.

Been searching on Google maps for a few hours but can't seem to find a good spot that is car-friendly.

The only 2 places I personally know of are Denbie's Vineyard and The Brookwood Cemetery.

Thanks in advance :D
V6S RWD Coupé (MY16)
Italian Racing Red w/Black Pack & Pano-roof
Loads of toys & goodies... but no heated seats :?:

Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

The roads and Sussex downs around Goodwood are very picturesque and photogenic 👍🏻
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Purely as you mention Denbies Vinyard you could take a short drive to Wotton House
Nice spot outside the front of the house, or you can drive to many many areas in the estate such as Friday Street with access from the main road
I was there in May
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Keith666 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:16 pm The roads and Sussex downs around Goodwood are very picturesque and photogenic 👍🏻
A lot will depend on what you are looking for as far as a set up and back drop. Do you want a nice old building in the background or do you want action shots, nature etc

As Keith said, the area in and around Goodwood is great for it. Lots of fun twisty roads, natural backdrops, plenty of places to pull over and set up, some nice little villages around the area as well, Petworth, East Dean etc. There are some good spots up on the roads near Goodwood racecourse like Selhurstpark Road, Kennel Hill, Goodwood Racetrack etc. Then you've also got Arundel just down the road which is a great backdrop if you can find the right spot (easier said than done). You can also head down into Chichester Harbour and get some good shots with the waterfront/boats as a backdrop... places like Bosham, Itchenor etc (tide dependant).

Herstmoncuex Castle is a decent one if you want something like that in the background as well. You can pretty much pull right up to the front of the castle and snap away. The same with Amberley Castle. In both instances you might be asked to move along eventually but you'd probably be fine for 10-15 minutes right outside the front.

There are plenty of places about all over the south downs really. Sometimes you just have to go for a drive and see if you stumble across somewhere.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
Kev

Post by Kev »

There’s the lay-by up Duncton Hill, Goodwood Motor Circuit (there’s always someone taking a photo out the front or in front of Earls Court), Tangmere Aviation Museum with a few jets in the background, Ford Airfield with the Hunter, The Kennels, The Trundle car park, Langstone just after the bridge on Hayling with the harbour in the background, Selhurst Park Road with Bognor Butlin’s on the horizon, loads of places down here
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

Many thanks for all the helpful replies chaps, seems that Goodwood is a common mention so that'll be the top of the list.

Gonna be a busy couple of weekends! :D
V6S RWD Coupé (MY16)
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

Thanks Stefan and all~ it’s as you state, you’re perfect spot, is you’re view and perspective, I’m sure if I took a photograph of my car in, say, Brixton high St, it would do it justice. It’s all subjective.
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE
Kev

Post by Kev »

Keith666 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:42 pm Thanks Stefan and all~ it’s as you state, you’re perfect spot, is you’re view and perspective, I’m sure if I took a photograph of my car in, say, Brixton high St, it would do it justice. It’s all subjective.

That's exactly it, the F-Type fits in everywhere whether it be a pretty countryside backdrop or a side street in London parked out front of an 'under the arches' type unit which says something about the timeless design of a car if it works in all situations
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
scm

Post by scm »

Kev wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:58 am
Keith666 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:42 pm Thanks Stefan and all~ it’s as you state, you’re perfect spot, is you’re view and perspective, I’m sure if I took a photograph of my car in, say, Brixton high St, it would do it justice. It’s all subjective.

That's exactly it, the F-Type fits in everywhere whether it be a pretty countryside backdrop or a side street in London parked out front of an 'under the arches' type unit which says something about the timeless design of a car if it works in all situations
And it doesn't have a bad angle ....
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

Wasn't able to head down to Goodwood this weekend but I got some nice shots taken towards the west-end of Forest Road, just off the A321 :)

20231203_121712.jpg

20231203_121411.jpg

V6S RWD Coupé (MY16)