Factory Tour - whos done it?

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Ja I rang and made sure I was going to see the F Type, they said almost all they are building there at the moment is the F Type anyway, but to add it to the comments when I book to ensure I see it - so I told them I just bought one and to let me know if there are no F's being built on that day and I'll reschedule! ha!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

GATV6S

Post by GATV6S »

Went in April 2014 after Dr Speth's PA arranged it for me. The building is where the original Mini was built and the Spitfire. Our guide was Tom Rees who had been with the company for 50 years and his knowledge and insight was superb.
A good day out all round.
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Did my tour yesterday, was great!

Actually ran into my dealer there, ha.

Had Terry as a guide - funny guy, been with Jag about 28 years as the logistics manager so really knows his way around the factory, seems to know everyone there too.
Lots of really cool information, SO MANY F TYPES!
They all looked like they were for foreign markets when I was there.

I actually saw the new SVO as well - really special.
It was build complete and going through QA - looks great, but doesn't look THAT different from a V8R

I kinda want it to look more hardcore... but kinda not, because I dont wanna be jealous haha!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
captainham

Post by captainham »

Thanks for the reminder, I'll get back to harassing my dealer for the tickets he promised me months ago!
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
jobegold

Post by jobegold »

I went in December and to be honest i did not think it was very good.
I did not feel like i just spent 100k on a car. I could have spent 20k and still got the same treatment.

I went to the Aston Martin factory after my father bought the vanquish and my gosh was that good.
It was like being famous.

I'm glad i didn't pay for the tickets is all i can say.
East winger

Post by East winger »

To be fair, I can't even remember being asked if I had bought an F-Type when booking the ticket. I think it's just for any car nut. I thought it was very good, but then again, if I had been expecting the Aston Martin treatment it could have been a let down.
Italian Racing Red Coupe S AWD + big smile

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post